Flyers @ Canucks
Last Game: Win - SO, 4-3 @ Edmonton (Sat. Dec. 28th)
Streak: Won 2
- The Flyers lost their previous matchup with the Canucks in October 3-2 as they squandered a 2-1 third period lead.
- Philadelphia is 31-11-12-0 all-time in Vancouver and 69-30-13-0 overall against the Canucks.
- The Flyers hold a .685 points percentage against the Canucks which is the second best against any one team currently in the NHL.
- Wayne Simmonds has recorded three consecutive multi-goal games entering tonight and is two points away from 200 in his NHL career.
- The Flyers are 4-for-9 on the power play over their last two games. Their power play on the road is ranked third in the NHL scoring 25.4% of the time.
- Claude Giroux has a career-high eight game scoring streak (5 G, 10 A). Jake Voracek extended his career-high scoring streak to nine games (6 G, 9 A) on Saturday.
Last Game: Win, 2-0 @ Calgary (Sun. Dec. 29th)
Streak: Won 3
- The Canucks have won their last six games at the Rogers Center.
- Henrik Sedin leads all Canucks with 17 points (2 G, 15 A) in 12 career games against the Flyers.
- Vancouver boasts the league's top penalty kill at 90.2% and have two stretches of seven or more games without allowing a power play goal.
- The Canucks are second in the NHL with nine comeback victories. They are 9-8-3 when the opponent scores first.
- Defenseman Jason Garrison is two points away from 100 career NHL points.
- Vancouver can score as they are 10-0-0 when scoring four or more goals and 21-5-5 when allowing three or fewer goals.
15-9-4, 2.37 GAA, .921 SV%
Mason, 25, allowed three goals on just 16 shots Saturday night in Edmonton but he came up with some huge saves to force a shootout. In the shootout, Mason stopped two of three shooters to get the win for the Flyers. In 13 career starts against the Canucks, Mason is 4-6-2 with a 3.29 GAA and a .892 SV%.
7-2-0, 1.74 GAA, .933 SV%
Lack, 25, is coming off his second career shutout of the Flames on Sunday stopping all 18 shots fired his way. Lack has now won his last three starts allowing just three goals over that span beating the Blackhawks, Jets, and Flames. After allowing four goals in his NHL debut on October 6th, Lack has not allowed more than two goals in any game.