Flyers @ Flames
Last Game: Win - SO, 4-3 @ Canucks (Mon. Dec. 30th)
Streak: Won 3
- The Flyers are riding a three-game winning streak coming off back-to-back shootout wins for the first time since March 2006.
- They are 6-1-1 in their last eight games overall.
- Philadelphia has won the last four games they've played in Calgary and are 21-25-9-0 all-time at the Saddledome.
- The last time the Flyers played the Flames on New Year's Eve was in a 5-4 loss on the final day of 1987.
- Claude Giroux has a career-high nine game point streak (6 G, 11 A).
- Steve Downie is one assist away from 100 in the NHL and Wayne Simmonds is two points away from 200 NHL points.
Last Game: Loss, 2-0 v. Canucks (Sun. Dec. 29th)
Streak: Lost 2
- The Flames have been shutout in back-to-back games and have lost six of their last seven games.
- The last time the Flames scored was on December 23rd when Mark Giordano tied the game with less than five seconds left.
- Calgary has not beaten Philadelphia at home since March 22, 2001.
- The Flames are 5-3-0-2 in their last 10 games against the Flyers.
- Calgary has gotten at least one point from their defensemen in 35 of the last 39 games.
- The Flames have won their last six games on New Year's Eve and are 12-7-3 all-time on December 31st.
3-7-0, 3.23 GAA, .885 SV%
Emery, 31, gets his first start since December 21st against Columbus when he allowed five goals on 28 shots. He has lost his last four starts and the Flyers have lost the last five games in which Emery has appeared. His last win came in a 4-1 victory over the Sabres on November 21st. In nine career starts against the Flames, Emery is 6-2-1 with a 1.43 GAA and a .947 SV%.
6-6-3, 2.79 GAA, .904 SV%
Ramo, 27, last appeared on December 21st against Pittsburgh when he allowed four goals on 23 shots in a 4-3 loss. He has lost three straight starts and four of his last five starts have gone to overtime. Ramo has faced the Flyers once in his career when he was a member of the Lightning allowing four goals on 22 shots in a loss.