Standings: 5th in Metropolitan Division
Last Game: Win (OT) - 3-2 v. Penguins (Jan. 20th)
- The Flyers are 14-10-1 all-time against the Coyotes and 7-4-1 against them at home.
- Philadelphia has the fifth best power play in the NHL at 23.0% and their 38 power play goals are third in the NHL. The Flyers have the second-best home power play in the NHL at 27.7%.
- The Flyers recalled forward Ryan White due to the Zac Rinaldo suspension and earlier today recalled forward Petr Straka as Michael Raffl is out tonight with an illness.
8-9-1, 3.27 GAA, .890 SV%
Emery, 32, played great last Tuesday against the Penguins stopping 33 of 35 shots fired his way in a 3-2 overtime victory. The Flyers had lost his previous five appearances before Tuesday. In seven career games against the Coyotes, Emery is 2-2-1 with a 2.10 GAA and a .911 SV%.
Standings: 6th in Pacific Division
Last Game: Loss - 6-1 @ Blackhawks (Jan. 20th)
- The Coyotes have lost six straight games going 0-5-1 and getting outscored 22-9 over that span.
- Arizona boasts the third-best road power play in the NHL 23.8% behind only St. Louis (27.3%) and Washington (24.2%).
- The Coyotes lineup features defenseman Connor Murphy, the son of Flyers assistant coach Gord Murphy.
7-20-3, 3.51 GAA, .887 SV%
Smith, 32, stopped 45 of 51 shots fired his way in a 6-1 loss to the Blackhawks last Tuesday. The Coyotes have lost six of his last seven starts including five straight. In 13 career games against the Flyers, Smith is 4-7-1 with a 3.80 GAA and a .882 SV%.