Flyers @ Coyotes
Last Game: Loss, 2-1 @ Avalanche (Thu. Jan 2nd)
Streak: Lost 1
- The Flyers had their four-game winning streak snapped against Colorado on Thursday but improved to 3-1-0 on the sixth-game road trip.
- Philadelphia is 17-15-2 all-time in Phoenix and 42-24-2-1 overall against the Coyotes franchise.
- Steve Downie is one assist away from 100 in the NHL.
- Wayne Simmonds has at least a point in seven of the last eight games. He has scored eight goals and four assists for 12 points in that span.
- The Flyers defensemen have scored 11 goals in the team's last 13 games.
- Defenseman Nick Grossmann is the only player in the NHL with more than 100 hits (101) and 100 blocked shots (102).
Last Game: Loss, 2-0 @ Blue Jackets (Thu. Jan 2nd)
Streak: Lost 1
- The Coyotes beat the Flyers 2-1 in October and are 3-2-0 against Philadelphia under head coach Dave Tippett.
- Phoenix is 9-4-3 against the Eastern Conference this season.
- The Coyotes 49-point start the third best start in franchise history.
- Phoenix has overcome two-goal deficits nine times this season to earn at least one start.
- The Coyotes are tied for the league-lead with six players recording 10 or more goals.
- Phoenix has the sixth-best home power play in the NHL at 23.4% with 26 power play goals in 15 games.
16-10-4, 2.37 GAA, .922 SV%
Mason, 25, is coming off a great effort in Colorado allowing just two goals on 31 shots in the Flyers 2-1 loss to the Avalanche on Thursday night. He is 5-1-0 in his last six starts and has not allowed more than three goals in his last four starts. In 10 career starts against the Coyotes, Mason is 3-7-0 with a 3.13 GAA and a .899 SV%.
15-9-8, 2.86 GAA, .912 SV%
Smith, 31, had a great game against the Blue Jackets Thursday allowing two goals on 31 shots in the Coyotes 2-0 loss. Prior to Thursday, Smith's five previous starts went to overtime or a shootout. In 12 career starts against the Flyers, he is 4-6-1 with a 3.77 GAA and a .884 SV%.