Flyers @ Devils
Last Game: Win, 5-3 @ Coyotes (Sat. Jan 4th)
Streak: Won 1
- Brayden Schenn is theonly Flyers player to score against the Devils in their first two matchups this season. Schenn has scored in three of the last four games.
- Vinny Lecavalier leads all Flyers with 16 goals and 28 assists for 44 points in 53 career games against the Devils.
- The Flyers are 106-89-18-10 (.538) all-time against the Devils.
- Steve Downie is one assist away from 100 in his NHL career.
- Flyers defensemen have scored in 11 of the team's last 14 games.
- Scott Hartnell has a seven-game scoring streak (3 G, 5 A).
Last Game: Loss, 2-1 @ Sabres (Sat. Jan 4th)
Streak: Lost 2
- The Devils shutout the Flyers 3-0 the last time the two teams met at the Wells Fargo Center with Adam Henrique netting the game-winner just 1:57 into the game.
- Patrick Elias leads all Devils in points all-time against the Flyers with 35 goals and 45 assists for 80 points in 81 games but he is out tonight.
- The Devils are 59-27-7 in their last 94 games in New Jersey against the Flyers.
- New Jersey has won 11 of the last 15 matchups with the Flyers, including the 2012 Eastern Conference Semifinals.
- The Devils have points in seven of their last 10 games (5-3-2).
- Michael Ryder and former-Flyer Jaromir Jagr are tied for the team-lead with 13 goals.
4-7-0, 3.03 GAA, .890 SV%
Emery, 31, is coming off a great start against the Calgary Flames on New Year's Eve in which he stopped 23 of 24 shots fired his way in the Flyers 4-1 victory. It snapped his four-game losing streak. He is 1-1-0 with a shutout in two starts against the Devils this season. In 12 career games against the Devils, Emery is 6-4-2 with a 1.91 GAA and a .930 SV%.
12-9-3, 2.36 GAA, .903 SV%
Brodeur, 41, is coming off of a tough start against the Blackhawks on Friday allowing five goals on 24 shots in the Devils 5-3 loss. He has lost two of his last three starts. In 90 career starts against the Flyers, Brodeur is 49-31-9 with a 2.39 GAA and a .908 SV% with 12 shutouts - the most against any opponent.