Flyers @ Rangers
Last Game: Loss, 6-3 v. Lightning (Sat. Jan 11th)
Streak: Lost 1
- Philadelphia won the first matchup this season at the Wells Fargo Center 2-1.
- The Flyers have lost their last six games against the Rangers at Madison Square Garden with their last win coming on February 20th, 2011 when current-Ranger/former-Flyer Dan Carcillo scored the game-winner.
- The penalty kill has been great lately as the Flyers have killed off 22 consecutive penalties over their last seven games.
- Recently they've played well going 10-3-1 over their last 14 games.
- Claude Giroux has eight goals and 12 assists (20 points) in his last 15 games.
- Wayne Simmonds has recorded at least one point in 10 of the last 12 games with 10 goals and five assists over that span.
Last Game: Win, 3-2 v. Stars (Fri. Jan 10th)
Streak: Won 2
- The Rangers are 62-47-23-4 all-time against the Flyers at Madison Square Garden.
- New York has won 11 of their last 14 games against the Flyers dating back to March 2011.
- Brad Richards leads all Rangers with 41 points (11 G, 30 A) in 42 career games against the Flyers.
- The Rangers are 18-2-1 (.857) when scoring first, are 11-2-1 when leading after the first, and 14-1-1 when leading after the second period.
- Richards and captain Ryan Callahan both enter the game with four-game scoring streaks.
- New York is 4-1-2 in their last seven games overall at home.
5-7-0, 2.86 GAA, .897 SV%
Emery, 31, is coming off a strong start Tuesday in New Jersey allowing just two goals on 33 shots as the Flyers went on to win 3-2 in overtime. He came into the game in the third period yesterday stopping all seven shots fired his way. In nine career starts against the Rangers, Emery is 7-1-0 with a 1.62 GAA and a .943 SV% with two shutouts.
14-16-3, 2.73 GAA, .908 SV%
Lundqvist, 31, played well Friday stopping 24 of 26 shots fired his way en route to a 3-2 victory. He is coming off back-to-back 3-2 victories and is 4-1-1 in his last six starts. In 42 career starts against the Flyers, Lundqvist is 25-12-3 with a 2.52 GAA and a .914 SV% with four shutouts.