Flyers v. Predators
Last Game: Win, 4-3 @ Sabres (Tue. Jan 14th)
Streak: Won 1
- The Flyers are 8-3-3-3 all-time against the Predators. Their 17 games against Predators is also the same amount of trades the two teams have made.
- Philadelphia are 5-2-1-1 all-time against Nashville at home and have won the last three games dating back to their last loss on November 29th, 2006.
- Steve Downie is a game-time decision tonight and needs one assist for 100 in his NHL career.
- The Flyers have killed off 30 of their last 31 penalties (96.8%) over their last nine games.
- Scott Hartnell has 14 points in his last 14 games.
- The Flyers win on Tuesday was the eighth time this season the Flyers came back when trailing in the third period. They are one away from their franchise-record of nine times set in 1996-97.
Last Game: Win, 4-2 v. Flames (Tue. Jan 14th)
Streak: Won 1
- Shea Weber will face the Flyers for the first time since he signed an offer sheet for over $100 million in July 2012.
- Weber has 18 points (4 G, 14 A) in his last 19 games.
- Paul Gaustad has a 59.6 faceoff percentage and ranks second in the NHL in the category.
- The Predators are 17-2-4 when scoring first and 14-1-1 when leading after the first period.
- Nashville hasn't allowed a shorthanded goal since March 21st, 2013, a span of 66 games, and are the only team to not allow a shorthanded goal this season.
- The Predators traded forward Matt Hendricks to Edmonton yesterday for goaltender Devan Dubnyk.
8-7-2, 2.95 GAA, .902 SV%
Hutton, 28, is coming off a strong start Tuesday against the Flames stopping 22 of 24 shots en route to a 4-2 victory. Hutton, a former Phantoms and emergency Flyers goaltender, has allowed two or fewer goals in four of his last five starts. The Thunder Bay-native has never started against the Flyers.
19-11-4, 2.47 GAA, .917 SV%
Mason, 25, is coming off a decent start in Buffalo stopping 16 of 19 shots fired his way in the Flyers 4-3 victory. While his numbers may not reflect it, Mason played very well against the Sabres. He has won three of his last four starts. In 18 career starts against the Predators, Mason is 6-7-4 with a 2.37 GAA and a .915 SV% with two shutouts.