Flyers @ Islanders
Last Game: Win, 6-4 v. Islanders (Sat. Jan 18th)
Streak: Won 1
- The Flyers are 33-4-2 against the Islanders since 2007.
- Philadelphia won the first two matchups this season against the Islanders by a score of 5-2 and again on Saturday 6-4.
- In 248 games all-time against the Islanders, the Flyers are 129-87-26-6.
- Defenseman Andrej Meszaros has three goals and six assists in his last six games, including two goals Saturday against New York.
- Wayne Simmonds has at least one point in 13 of his last 16 with 11 goals and 10 assists for 21 points over that span.
- The Flyers have won nine games when trailing in the third period, tying the franchise-record set in 1996-97.
Last Game: Loss, 6-4 v. Flyers (Sat. Jan 18th)
Streak: Lost 2
- The Islanders are 17-5-2 when they score three or more goals but are 2-19-5 when scoring two or fewer.
- John Tavares is second in the league is scoring with 22 goals, and 36 assists for 58 points. He opened the scoring on Saturday with his first period goal.
- New York returns home after going 4-2-0 on their recent six-game road trip.
- Andrew MacDonald leads the NHL with 168 blocked shots and Matt Martin leads the NHL with 241 hits.
- The Islanders open up a back-to-back set today and are 5-6 in the first game of back-to-backs.
19-11-5, 2.56 GAA, .915 SV%
Mason, 25, was pulled from his start on Saturday after just 34 minutes on the ice allowing four goals on 24 shots to the Islanders. Head coach Craig Berube said he didn't believe it was Mason's fault but he pulled him to send a message to the team. It work and they won 6-4. In seven career starts against the Islanders, Mason is 4-1-1 with a 2.42 GAA and a .923 SV%.
10-14-0, 3.10 GAA, .895 SV%
Poulin, 23, is coming off a shaky start against the Flyers on Saturday night. He allowed five goals on 31 shots, including an odd/weak goal to Andrej Meszaros to start the scoring. The Islanders went on to lose 6-4 the game. He is still 6-2-0 over his last eight games. In four career starts against the Flyers, Poulin is 0-4-0 with a 4.18 GAA and a .870 SV%.