Flyers v. Hurricanes
Last Game: Loss - SO, 4-3 @ Islanders (Mon. Jan 20th)
Streak: Lost 1
- The Flyers have points in each of their last four games and six of their last eight.
- Philadelphia is 74-27-14-5 all-time against Carolina and 34-16-9-2 at home.
- The Flyers have won eight of their last nine games against the Hurricanes and have points in 14 out of their last 16 games dating back to 2005-06. They have earned at least one point in 25 of the last 28 games against Carolina going 21-3-4.
- Wayne Simmonds is one goal away from 100 in the NHL while Steve Downie is one assist away from his 100th.
- Nicklas Grossmann was the first player to have 100 hits and 100 blocked shots on the season. He now has 120 blocked shots and 117 hits entering tonight's game on his 29th birthday.
- Claude Giroux has eight goals and 15 assists in his last 18 games.
Last Game: Loss, 5-3 v. Lightning (Sun. Jan 19th)
Streak: Lost 1
- The Hurricanes won each of the first two matchups against the Flyers this season by a score of 2-1.
- Due to the reschedule, the Hurricanes will play on Wednesday night, Thursday night, and Friday night in a grueling back-to-back-to-back.
- Carolina has won six of their last nine games going 6-3-0 over that span.
- The Hurricanes are on the verge of winning their first season series against the Flyers since 2005-06 when they won the Stanley Cup and just their second since 1991-92.
- Carolina is 12-1-4 when scoring first and 9-1-4 when leading after the first period.
- Alexander Semin has recorded goals in back-to-back games, including two on Saturday against Florida.
7-3-0, 2.06 GAA, .934 SV%
Khudobin, 27, came into the game in relief of Justin Peters on Sunday against the Lightning allowing two goals on 17 shots over 42 minutes of action. He started Saturday against Florida stopping 37 of the 39 shots fired his way en route to a 3-2 victory. In three career starts against the Flyers, Khudobin is 2-1-0 with a 1.89 GAA and a .932 SV% allowing just five goals on 73 shots.
19-11-5, 2.56 GAA, .915 SV%
Mason, 25, was pulled from his start on Saturday after just 34 minutes on the ice allowing four goals on 24 shots to the Islanders. Head coach Craig Berube said he didn't believe it was Mason's fault but he pulled him to send a message to the team. It work and they won 6-4. In seven career games against the Hurricanes, Mason is 5-1-1 with a 1.85 GAA and a .942 SV% allowing just 13 goals on 225 shots.