Flyers v. Red Wings
Last Game: Loss, 6-1 v. Bruins (Sat. Jan 25th)
Streak: Lost 4
- The Flyers have split their first two games this season with the Red Wings. The last time the two teams met, the Flyers scored five unanswered goals to overcome a 3-1 deficit.
- Philadelphia is 37-13-11-0 all-time against Detroit at home but tonight is just the eighth time since the 1997 Stanley Cup Finals that the Red Wings have visited Philadelphia.
- Wayne Simmonds is one goal away from 100 in the NHL while Steve Downie is one assist away from his 100th.
- Simmonds has recorded at least one point in 15 of his last 20 games with 12 goals and 11 assists for 23 points in that span.
- The Flyers have scored a power play goal in three of their last four games despite only scoring eight total goals over that span.
- Claude Giroux has 10 goals and 16 assists for 26 points over the last 21 games.
Last Game: Loss - SO, 5-4 v. Panthers (Sun. Jan 26th)
Streak: Lost 1
- Detroit is 48-57-21-0 all-time against the Flyers.
- The Red Wings last regular season victory over the Flyers in Philadelphia was on January 25th, 1997.
- Head coach Mike Babcock is going for his 400th victory tonight.
- The Red Wings feature the best road record (14-7-3) in the Eastern Conference.
- Goaltender Jonas Gustavsson has the second-fewest regulation losses (3) of all goaltenders who have played 15 or more games trailing Blackhawks netminder Antti Raanta (2).
- Detroit will be without Johan Franzen, Pavel Datysuk, and Henrik Zetterberg.
9-12-8, 2.64 GAA, .916 SV%
Howard, 29, was activated from injured reserve on Monday as his knee injury seems to be better. Howard's last time out was on January 20th when he allowed three goals on 25 shots in just over a period and a half of play against the St. Louis Blues. In three career starts against the Flyers, Howard is 1-2-0 with a 3.78 GAA and an .894 SV%.
19-13-5, 2.64 GAA, .913 SV%
Mason, 25, struggled on Saturday as did his teammates. Mason allowed four goals on 19 shots before getting pulled just over midway through the second period. He has a 4.56 GAA and a .851 SV% in his last six starts and has been pulled from three of them, including two of his last three. In 21 career games against Detroit, Mason is 9-10-2 with a 2.85 GAA and a .917 SV% with three shutouts.