Flyers @ Ducks
Last Game: Win, 4-0 v. Red Wings (Tue. Jan 28th)
Streak: Won 1
- The Flyers are 10-8-5-2 all time against the Ducks and 6-4-2-1 in Anaheim. They are making their first trip to Anaheim since their 4-3 overtime victory over the Ducks on December 2nd, 2011 when Claude Giroux's power play blast won it for the Flyers.
- The Flyers will likely get forward Zac Rinaldo back tonight just three weeks after he suffered a high-ankle sprain against the Montreal Canadiens. He was originally expected to miss six weeks.
- Scott Hartnell has four goals and six assists for 10 points in the last nine games. He is coming off a two-goal, one-assist performance on Tuesday against the Red Wings.
- The Flyers have scored at least one power play goal in four straight games and in 10 of their last 13.
- Wayne Simmonds is one goal away from 100 in the NHL while Steve Downie is one assist away from his 100th.
- Claude Giroux has 11 goals and 18 assists for 29 points over the last 22 games, including a goal and two assists against the Red Wings on Tuesday.
Last Game: Loss, 4-2 v. Wild (Tue. Jan 28th)
Streak: Lost 1
- Anaheim is 21-4-0 in their last 25 games overall including going 11-2-0 at the Honda Center in that span.
- Of their 21 wins in that span, 11 were comeback wins with four of them coming back from a two-goal deficit.
- Overall this season, the Ducks are 21-2-2 at home this season and didn't lose in regulation at the Honda Center until January 21st against Winnipeg.
- Anaheim is 23-4-4 when scoring first this season but they are also 16-7-1 when allowing the first goal.
- The Ducks captain Ryan Getzlaf has played well in his 12 January games scoring five times and adding nine assists.
- The last time the Ducks played the Flyers in Philadelphia, Teemu Selanne had several teeth inadvertently knocked out by the stick of Flyers defenseman Luke Schenn.
20-13-5, 2.57 GAA, .915 SV%
Mason, 25, is coming off one of his best starts of the season on Tuesday stopping all 33 shots fired his way en route to a 5-0 win over the Red Wings and his second shutout of the season. Mason is now 18-6-5 since November 2nd. In 12 career games against the Ducks, Mason is 5-6-0 with a 3.27 GAA and a .893 SV% to go along with one shutout.
24-7-4, 2.39 GAA, .914 SV%
Hiller, 31, struggled against the Wild on Tuesday allowing four goals on 33 shots in the Ducks 4-2 loss. He was coming off a 36-save shutout against the Kings on Saturday. overall, Hiller is 1-3-0 in his last four starts allowing a total of 10 goals in the three losses. In five career starts against the Flyers, Hiller is 3-1-1 with a 2.54 GAA and a .924 SV%.