Flyers @ Sharks
Last Game: Win, 2-0 @ Kings (Sat. Feb 1st)
Streak: Won 1
- The Flyers are 13-11-4-3 all-time against the Sharks and 7-6-2-1 in San Jose.
- Tonight is the first of two meetings against the Sharks this season. The two teams will meet again on February 27th.
- Matt Read is four points away from 100 in his NHL career.
- The Flyers tied a franchise-record recording only 13 shots in their 2-0 win over the Kings on Saturday. It was the fewest amount of shots the Flyers have ever recorded in a victory.
- Philadelphia has scored a power play goal in six consecutive games and in 12 of their last 15.
- Wayne Simmonds has three goals and seven assists for 10 points in his last 10 games, including his 100th NHL goal on Saturday.
Last Game: Win-SO, 2-1 v. Blackhawks (Sat. Feb 1st)
Streak: Won 1
- The Sharks have won nine straight games against the Flyers and are 11-0-2 against Philadelphia in their last 13 games. San Jose has not lost to Philadelphia since December 21st, 2000 and hasn't lost at home since November 5th, 1999.
- San Jose has killed off 36 of their last 41 penalties (87.8%) since New Years and has only allowed a power play goal in four of their last 16 games.
- The Sharks have five centers with a faceoff percentage of 50.0% or better to go along with a team faceoff percentage of 53.2%, which is good for second in the NHL.
- Brent Burns makes a difference as the Sharks are 29-11-2 with him in the lineup and 6-3-4 without him.
- Joe Pavelski has scored a goal in 15 of the last 26 games including the game-winner in three of the last eight games.
- San Jose is second in the NHL with 56 first period goals and have allowed a league-low 30 first period goals, including 10 goals within the first two minutes and six goals within the first minute.
21-14-5, 2.54 GAA, .916 SV%
Mason, 25, is coming off perhaps his best start of the season on Saturday in Los Angeles stopping all 35 shots fired his way for his second shutout in his last three starts. He has recorded two shutouts in the last week. In 12 career starts against the Sharks, Mason is 5-6-1 with a 2.72 GAA and a .923 SV% with one shutout.
28-11-6, 2.35 GAA, .914 SV%
Niemi, 30, is coming off a strong start against the Chicago Blackhawks when he stopped 29 of 30 shots fired his way en route to a 2-1 shootout victory. He is 5-1-0 in his last six starts. Niemi was the Blackhawks' goaltender when they beat the Flyers in the 2010 Stanley Cup Final. He has one regular season start against the Flyers when he posted a 26-save shutout.