Flyers v. Avalanche
Record: 28-23-6 (62 points) - 3rd in Metropolitan Division
Last Game: Win, 5-2 @ Sharks (Mon. Feb 3rd)
Streak: Won 2
- The Flyers are 4-4-0-2 all-time against the Avalanche at home.
- Philadelphia coming off of their franchise-record 10th victory of the season when trailing in the third period.
- The Flyers played a strong defensive game against San Jose forcing a season-high giveaways.
- Philadelphia has scored at least one power play goal in seven consecutive games and in 13 of their last 16. They are 14-for-56 (25.0%) over that span.
- The Flyers have 64 third period goals this season which is tied for the second in the NHL (with Chicago) trailing only Boston (66).
- Claude Giroux has had a multi-point game in three of the last four games.
Record: 36-15-5 (77 points) - 3rd in Central Division
Last Game: Loss, 5-1 @Rangers (Tue. Feb 4th)
Streak: Lost 1
- The loss to the Rangers on Tuesday snapped a four game winning streak.
- The Avalanche feature Canadian Olympian Matt Duchene.
28-9-5, 2.43 GAA, .925 SV%
Varlamov, 25, is coming off a tough start Tuesday against the Rangers allowing five goals on 43 shots in a 5-1 loss to the Rangers. He saw 20 shots in the opening period. Varlamov had won his previous three starts and four of his previous five before the loss Tuesday. In three career games against the Flyers, Varlamov is 1-0-1 with a 3.11 GAA and a .909 SV%.
22-14-5, 2.53 GAA, .916 SV%
Mason, 25, played well Monday night against the San Jose Sharks stopping 20 of 22 shots fired his way en route to his third win in his last four starts. He has recorded a .948 SV% over his last four games and went 2-1-0 with a 2.02 GAA on the three game road trip. In 13 career starts against the Avalanche, Mason is 4-7-2 with a 3.17 GAA and a .895 SV% with one shutout.