Flyers v. Rangers
Last Game: Loss, 7-3 v. Sharks (Thu. Feb 27th)
Streak: Lost 1
- The Flyers are beginning a stretch of games in which six of their next seven opponents play in the Metropolitan Division.
- The Flyers are 117-113-37-7 all-time against the Rangers and 66-53-14-4 all-time at home against New York. The two teams have played 274 times all-time - 137 at home and 137 on the road.
- Philadelphia is 3-0-1 this season in games following a four-goal loss.
- The penalty kill has been a strength for the Flyers as they have killed 21 of their last 23 opportunities in the last seven games.
- In the six games leading up to the Olympic break, the Flyers were outscoring opponents 20-9.
- Matt Read is one point away from 100 in the NHL.
Last Game: Win, 2-1 v. Blackhawks (Thu. Feb 27th)
Streak: Won 2
- The Rangers are 57-63-14-3 all-time in Philadelphia and 120-110-37-7 all-time against the Flyers.
- New York is just 1-3-0 against the Flyers at the Wells Fargo Center over the last two seasons.
- The Rangers have won 12 of their last 15 games against the Flyers dating all the way back to March 6, 2011 while outscoring Philadelphia 53-27 in those games.
- Brad Richards leads all Rangers in points against the Flyers with 11 goals and 31 assists for 42 points in 43 career games.
- The Rangers goal differential is -1 in 66 four-on-four situations this season.
- New York is 5-4-1 in the first game of back-to-backs this season.
22-18-3, 2.44 GAA, .918 SV%
Lundqvist, 31, got the first game off on Thursday against the Blackhawks after his silver-medal winning performance in Sochi for Team Sweden. In his last start on February 7th, Lundqvist stopped 26 of 29 shots on net in a 4-3 shootout win over the Penguins. In 43 career games against the Flyers, Lundqvist is 26-12-3 with a 2.49 GAA and a .916 SV% with four shutouts.
23-15-5, 2.55 GAA, .916 SV%
Mason, 25, had a rough game back from the Olympic break on Thursday allowing four goals to the Sharks before getting pulled in the second period. Due to an injury to Ray Emery, Mason was inserted back into the game which the Flyers would lose 7-3. In five career games against the Rangers, Mason is 3-0-1 with a 2.48 GAA and a .930 SV%.