Flyers @ Capitals
Last Game: Win, 4-2 v. Rangers (Sat. Mar 1)
Streak: Won 1
- The Flyers have scored 69 third period goals which is third in the league behind only the Bruins and Blackhawks.
- The Flyers are 1-for-9 on the power play since returning from the Olympic break and have recorded at least one power play goal in 15 of their last 20 games.
- The Capitals are one of two teams, along with the Penguins, who will play the Flyers five times this season.
- Kimmo Timonen will play in his 500th game with the Philadelphia Flyers today.
- Sean Couturier has at least one point in six of his last eight games with two goals and five assists in that span.
- Claude Giroux has 12 points (5 G, 7 A) in his last nine games.
Last Game: Win, 4-2 @ Bruins (Sat. Mar 1)
Streak: Won 4
- The Capitals are 75-98-19-5 all-time against the Flyers but 42-40-13-1 against the Flyers at home.
- Washington has earned at least one point in 15 of their last 19 games against the Flyers as seven of their last 14 games have reached overtime.
- The Capitals have won a season-high four straight games while going 7-2-1 over their last 10 games. They are averaging 3.70 goals per game in their last 10.
- Washington is 26-4-4 when scoring three or more goals in a game.
- The Capitals have scored two power play goals in two straight games. They are 12-2-1 when scoring two or more power play goals in a game.
- Troy Brouwer needs two points to reach 200 in his NHL career while Jason Chimera needs two points to reach 300 in his career.
24-15-5, 2.54 GAA, .917 SV%
Mason, 25, was strong in net for the Flyers on Saturday against the Rangers stopping 33 of 35 shots fired his way en route to a 4-2 Flyers win. It was a strong rebound performance after allowing four goals on 16 shots against the Sharks in his first game after the Olympic break. In nine career games against the Capitals, Mason is 4-3-2 with a 2.59 GAA, a .917 SV% and two shutouts.
18-13-2, 2.91 GAA, .912 SV%
Holtby, 24, put up a great performance on Saturday stopping 36 of 38 Bruins shots as the Capitals rolled to a 4-3 victory. He has won six of his last seven starts after losing six straight starts in late-December and early-January. In seven career starts against the Flyers, Holtby is 3-2-2 with a 2.84 GAA and a .905 SV%.