Flyers v. Capitals
Last Game: Win - OT, 5-4 @ Capitals (Sun. Mar 2)
Streak: Won 2
- The Flyers will get their first look at newly acquired defenseman Andrew MacDonald tonight, who will wear No. 47 for the Flyers.
- Philadelphia beat Washington in overtime on Sunday marking the 11th time this season the Flyers have come back from a third period deficit, increasing their franchise-record.
- The Flyers are 2-1-1 against the Capitals this season.
- Flyers are 7-17-3 when trailing after two periods and their seven wins are tied with the Islanders for the most in the NHL when trailing after two periods.
- Claude Giroux has 15 points (6 G, 9 A) in his last 1- games.
Last Game: Loss - OT, 5-4 v. Flyers (Sun. Mar 2)
Streak: Lost 1
- The Capitals will have newly acquired forward Dustin Penner, who was acquired yesterday from the Anaheim Ducks.
- Washington acquired goaltender Jaroslav Halak at the deadline from the Buffalo Sabres for goaltender Michal Neuvirth and newly acquired Rostislav Klesla.
- Forwards Martin Erat and John Mitchell were traded to the Phoenix Coyotes to for previously mentioned Klesla, forward Chris Brown and a fourth round pick in 2015.
- The Capitals have earned a point in 16 of their last 20 games against the Flyers (10-4-6)
- Washington will be without Dmitry Orlov who begins serving his two game suspension tonight for boarding Brayden Schenn.
- Troy Brouwer needs two points to reach 200 in his NHL career while Jason Chimera needs two points to reach 300 in his career.
19-13-3, 2.94 GAA, .911 SV%
Holtby, 24, was pelted with shots against the Flyers on Sunday as he allowed five goals on 36 shots in the 5-4 overtime defeat. The loss snapped a personal four-game win streak for Holtby. In eight career starts against the Flyers, Holtby is 3-2-3 with a 3.10 GAA and a .899 SV% with one shutout.
25-15-5, 2.57 GAA, .915 SV%
Mason, 25, was in net for the Flyers' victory on Sunday over the Capitals but wasn't particularly sharp allowing four goals on 29 shots. He started both games for the Flyers over the weekend thanks to the Ray Emery injury. In 10 career starts against the Capitals, Mason is 5-3-2 with a 2.73 GAA and a .912 SV%.