Flyers v. Devils
Last Game: Loss - OT, 4-3 @ Maple Leafs (Sat. Mar 8th)
Streak: Lost 1
- The Flyers are 90-53-22-2 all-time against the Devils and 51-24-8-0 in 83 games at home all-time in the series history.
- Philadelphia is second in the NHL with 73 third-period goals trailing only the Boston Bruins.
- The Flyers have started the month of March by grabbing seven of a possible eight points going 3-0-1 over the first four games.
- Jakub Voracek is three goals away from 100 in the NHL.
- The Flyers are 17-2-1 when Claude Giroux scores at least one goal.
- Wayne Simmonds has scored 14 goals and 17 assists for 31 points in his last 31 games.
Last Game: Win, 5-4 v. Hurricanes (Sat. Mar 8th)
Streak: Won 1
- The Devils are 36-46-12 in their last 94 meetings with the Flyers but New Jersey has won 11 of their last 16 games against the Flyers, including Eastern Conference Semifinals.
- New Jersey is allowing a league-best 25.4 shots per game and allowing 2.45 goals per game which is seventh in the NHL.
- Former-Flyer Jaromir Jagr enters the game seven goals behind Mike Gartner for sixth place all-time and seven assists behind Gordie Howe for eight all-time.
- Adam Henrique has scored a goal in a franchise-record six consecutive games for the Devils scoring nine goals in that span.
- Ryane Clowe is two points away from 300 NHL points.
- Tonight could be Martin Brodeur's last appearance at the Wells Fargo Center.
16-11-4, 2.54 GAA, .898 SV%
Brodeur, 41, is coming off a decent start against the Carolina Hurricanes allowing four goals on 33 shots en route to a 5-4 victory. Brodeur has won all three of his March starts but has allowed a combined seven goals in his last two starts. In 91 career games against the Flyers, Brodeur is 49-31-10 with a 2.39 GAA and a .908 SV% with 12 shutouts, the most against any one opponent.
26-15-6, 2.63 GAA, .913 SV%
Mason, 25, got off to a shaky start Saturday but rebounded against the Toronto Maple Leafs saving 32 of 36 shots but falling 4-3 in overtime. Mason has allowed four goals in three consecutive games going 2-1-0 over that span. In three career starts against the Devils, Mason is 0-3-0 with a 3.68 GAA and a .876 SV%.