Flyers v. Penguins
Last Game: Loss, 2-1 v. Devils (Tue. Mar 11th)
Streak: Lost 2
- The Flyers hold on to the eighth playoff spot in the East thanks to a tie-breaker with the Detroit Red Wings.
- Claude Giroux has four goals and four assists in his last five games and has eight goals and 12 assists in his last 11 games, including playoffs, against the Penguins.
- Jakub Voracek has a four-game points streak with three goals and five assists in that span.
- The Flyers have allowed 22 goals in their last six games.
Last Game: Won, 2-0 v. Capitals (Tue. Mar 11th)
Streak: Won 3
- Sidney Crosby has scored in three consecutive games against the Flyers.
- The Penguins will be without winger James Neal who is sidelined indefinitely with a concussion in addition to missing Kris Letang, Paul Martin, Pascal Dupuis, Chris Conner and Beau Bennett.
- Chris Kunitz crashed into a goal post on Tuesday night and is a game-time decision.
- Lee Stampniak has three points in four games since being traded to Pittsburgh.
34-14-3, 2.26 GAA, .918 SV%
Fleury, 29, stymied the Capitals on Tuesday night stopping all 32 shots fired his way tying a career-high with his fifth shutout of the season. The goaltender is 6-2-2 in his last 10 starts while the Penguins, ironically, are 6-2-2 in their last 10 games. In 44 regular season starts against the Flyers, Fleury is 24-14-1 with a 2.74 GAA and a .903 SV% with two shutouts.
26-16-6, 2.61 GAA, .914 SV%
Mason, 25, played well Tuesday night against the Devils stopping 24 of 26 shots but earned the loss as the Flyers mustered just one goal. Tuesday snapped a streak of three straight games and four of five in which Mason allowed four goals. In five career starts against the Penguins, Mason is 2-2-2-1 with a 3.18 GAA and a .908 SV%.
7-9-1, 3.02 GAA, .898 SV%
Emery, 31, has been sidelined with a groin injury he sustained when coming into the 7-3 loss to the Sharks on February 27th in relief. Emery's last start was on February 8th against the Flames as he stopped 32 of 33 shots to get the win. In 11 career games against the Penguins, Emery is 5-4-2 with a 2.78 GAA and a .894 SV%.