Flyers v. Blackhawks
Last Game: Won, 4-3 @ Penguins (Sun. Mar 16th)
Streak: Won 2
- The Flyers are 5-1-1 in March and 10-3-1 since February 1st while going 12-9-2 this season against the Western Conference.
- Philadelphia is 55-44-30-0 all-time against the Blackhawks and 38-16-11-0 all-time at home against Chicago.
- The Flyers are 15-3-0 in their last 18 regular season meetings with the Blackhawks including a nine-game winning streak at home.
- The Flyers have 75 third period goals which is fourth best in the NHL but didn't score in the final frame in each of their two games against Pittsburgh this weekend.
- Philadelphia's penalty kill went 9-for-9 with two shorthanded goals this weekend against the Penguins. They have been perfect in five of their last six games with the only exception coming in a 6-4 win over Washington.
- Vinny Lecavalier needs three goals to reach 400 in his NHL career while Jake Voracek needs three goals to reach 100 in his NHL career.
Last Game: Won, 4-1 v. Red Wings (Sun. Mar 16th)
Streak: Won 1
- Tonight is the Blackhawks first trip to Philadelphia since January 5th, 2012. They have lost nine consecutive regular season games in Philadelphia with their last win coming on November 9th, 1996.
- The Blackhawks have scored five-or-more goals 23 times this season which leads the NHL.
- Chicago leads the league averaging 3.32 goals per game.
- The Blackhawks ranked sixth in the NHL in power play goals (45) and rank fourth in power player percentage (20.8%).
- Chicago is 16-3-5 against the Eastern Conference this season and 8-2-1 against the Metropolitan Division, including a 7-2 beat down of the Flyers in December.
- Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville is searching for his 700th victory.
10-3-3, 2.44 GAA, .904 SV%
Raanta, 24, last started on Wednesday stopping 26 of 29 shots first his way in a 3-2 loss to the Colorado Avalanche. The Blackhawks are 0-2-1 in his last three starts marking the first time all year Chicago has lost back-to-back Raanta starts. The rookie allowed two goals in a 7-2 Blackhawks win over the Flyers in December.
7-9-1, 3.02 GAA, .898 SV%
Emery, 31, last played when he came into the Flyers 7-3 loss to the Sharks on February 27th in relief of Steve Mason. Emery suffered a lower-body injury and has not played since. His last start came on February 8th in a 2-1 victory over the Flames. In four career games against the Blackhawks, Emery is 2-1-1 with a 3.24 GAA and a .883 SV%.