Flyers @ Rangers
Last Game: Loss, 3-2 v. Kings (Mon. Mar 24th)
Streak: Lost 1
- The Flyers are 8-2-1 in the month of March and 12-3-1 since February 1st.
- Philadelphia is 118-113-37-7 all-time against New York but just 51-60-23-3 all-time at Madison Square Garden. The Flyers have lost seven consecutive games at Madison Square Garden with their last win coming on February 20th, 2011.
- The team is 18-2-1 when Claude Giroux scores this season and 31-12-3 when he registers at least one point.
- Scott Hartnell enters the night on a four-game scoring streak with six points (3 G, 3 A) in that span.
- Wayne Simmonds enters the game with five goals and three assists in his last six games.
- Jakub Voracek needs one goal to reach 100 in his career while Vinny Lecavalier needs two goals to reach 400 in his NHL career.
Last Game: Won-OT, 4-3 v. Coyotes (Mon. Mar 24th)
Streak: Won 4
- The Rangers are 120-111-37-7 all-time against the Flyers and 63-47-23-4 at home.
- New York is 1-2-0 this season against Philadelphia but won their only matchup at Madison Square Garden.
- The Rangers have been airtight on the penalty kill over their last 11 games killing off 29-of-31 power plays with four shorthanded goals.
- New York's power play has struggled at home ranking 23rd in the NHL going 14-for-121 (14.9%).
- Ryan McDonagh enters the game with a four-game point streak (2 G, 2 A) and has 12 points (5 G, 7 A) in his last 12 games.
- Monday's win marked the 17th time in franchise history the Rangers won 40 games in a season.
30-16-6, 2.53 GAA, .916 SV%
Mason, 25, is coming off a strong start Saturday against the St. Louis Blues allowing just one goal on 33 shots fired his way. He has won each of his last four starts allowing a total of six goals in that span against the likes of the Penguins, Stars and Blues. In six career games against the Rangers, Mason is 4-0-1 with a 2.39 GAA and a .932 SV%.
29-22-4, 2.43 GAA, .918 SV%
Lundqvist, 32, battled through on Monday night allowing three goals on 21 shots but getting the 4-3 overtime victory over the Coyotes. He has allowed two or fewer goals in four of his last six starts going 5-1-0 in those games. In 44 career games against the Flyers, Lundqvist is 26-13-3 with a 2.53 GAA and a .915 SV% with four shutouts.