Flyers v. Sabres
Last Game: Loss , 5-2 @ Bruins (Sat. April 5th)
Streak: Lost 4
- The Flyers are 80-50-20-5 all-time against the Sabres and a strong 48-20-12-3 against them at home.
- The Flyers have lost four straight games for the first time since January 20th-25th - the fourth loss in the last losing streak came at the hands of the Bruins as well.
- Philadelphia snapped a goalless streak of 165:01 with Wayne Simmonds' power play goal in the second period against the Bruins
- The Flyers are 19-2-1 when Claude Giroux scores a goal and 32-14-3 when he registers at least one point.
- Philadelphia has come form behind to win when trailing in the third period a franchise-record 11 times this season.
- Luke Schenn needs three points for 100 in the NHL.
Last Game: Loss , 3-2 @ Red Wings (Fri. April 4th)
Streak: Lost 2
- Buffalo is 63-77-23 all-time against the Flyers and 23-47-13 all-time in Philadelphia.
- The Sabres are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games against the Flyers and 3-7-0 in their last 10 in Philadelphia.
- Buffalo has not won a regular season game in Philadelphia since March 5, 2011.
- The Sabres 7-4-2 all-time on April 6th.
- Former-Flyer Ville Leino has recorded an assist in three consecutive game setting the longest point streak he has had since signing with the Sabres in 2011. He has 15 assists on the year but is still searching for his first goal of the season.
- Tyler Ennis has 13 goals and 13 assists for 26 points in the 34 games since the midpoint of the season.
1-3-1, 3.23 GAA, .907 SV%
Hackett, 24, allowed three goals on 31 shots to the Detroit Red Wings on Friday night in Buffalo's 3-2 loss. He has allowed 11 goals over his last three starts while lasting just one period of action in one of those three. Hackett has played parts of three seasons in the NHL with the Minnesota Wild and Buffalo Sabres but has never faced the Flyers.
31-18-7, 2.53 GAA, .916 SV%
Mason, 25, played well against the Blue Jackets on Thursday night allowing just two goals on 27 shots but the Flyers offense couldn't score. Mson has allowed two or more goals in four consecutive starts going 1-2-1 in that span. In five career starts against the Sabres, Mason is 2-3-0 with a 2.64 GAA and a .895 SV% with one shutout.