Standings: 3rd in Metropolitan Division
Last Game: Win - 4-1 v. Panthers (Nov. 6th)
- The Flyers are 36-24-14-4 all-time against the Avalanche and 25-9-2-2 all-time against them at home.
- Philadelphia has earned points in five consecutive home games against the Avalanche going 3-0-2 and have not lost in regulation at home to Colorado since March 2002.
- Jakub Voracek enters the game with a seven-game point streak and is tied for the NHL lead in points (19) with Pittsburgh's Sidney Crosby.
2-4-1, 2.88 GAA, .911 SV%
Mason, 26, stopped 34 of 35 shots fired his way in Thursday night's 4-1 victory over the Florida Panthers. Mason has won each of his last two starts. In 14 career starts against the Avalanche, Mason is 5-7-2 with a 3.00 GAA and a .903 SV% with one shutout.
Standings: 6th in Central Division
Last Game: Win (SO) - 4-3 v. Maple Leafs (Nov. 6th)
- The Avalanche are 8-3-0 in their last 11 overall meetings against the Flyers.
- The last time Colorado won a game in Philadelphia was on January 14th, 2006.
- Former Flyers Danny Briere, Max Talbot and Nate Guenin return as members of the Avalanche.
2-4-4, 2.75 GAA, .925 SV%
Varlamov, 26, allowed five goals on 37 shots in Tuesday's 5-2 loss to the Vancouver Canucks. He rested on Thursday and has lost each of his last three starts. In four career games against the Flyers, Varlamov is 1-1-1 with a 2.81 GAA and a .919 SV%.