Final: Rangers 4 - Flyers 1
- Chris Kreider (NYR) - 1 G, 1 A, 2 SOG, Plus-1
- Henrik Lundqvist (NYR) - 1 GA, 37 Saves, .974 SV%
- Daniel Carcillo (NYR) - 1 G, 0 A, 1 SOG, Plus-1
- The Rangers struck first and it was a familiar face who gave them the lead. Daniel Carcillo netted his first goal as a Ranger just 2:14 into the game.
- Just 28 seconds later, Rick Nash gave New York a 2-0 lead.
- Seven minutes later, the Rangers stretched their lead to 3-0 on Derick Brassard's eighth goal of the year.
- It marked the first time this season the Flyers allowed three or more goals in the opening period and only the second time all year that they've allowed more than one goal in the first.
- Chris Kreider would score a power play goal for the Rangers in the second period to stretch the lead to 4-0.
- In the third, the Flyers would get one back on Mark Streit's blast with the power play winding down.
- Vinny Lecavalier was credited with an assist on Streit's goal for the 500th of his NHL career.
- The Flyers blocked 18 shots tonight including 12 in the first period.
- The Flyers allowed their first power play goal in over seven games tonight. Their last power play goal allowed was on December 28th before Chris Kreider's goal in the second period.
- The Flyers out-shot the Rangers 38-35 including 15 shots in the third period.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports