Final: Rangers 3 - Phillies 2
Losing Pitcher: Mario Hollands (0-1) - 0.1 IP, 0 H, 1 ER, 1 R, 2 BB, 0 K
- Cesar Hernandez went 2-for-3 with a double and a run scored.
- The Phillies went 2-for-5 with runners in scoring position.
- Marlon Byrd went 2-for-3 with a walk and a fantastic double play in the seventh inning.
- Ryan Howard ripped a two-out double in the bottom of the sixth inning which drove in a run after Ben Revere was picked off at second base.
- Revere was picked off and originally called safe. Rangers manager Ron Washington challenged the call and it was overturned.
- A.J. Burnett allowed one run on seven hits with two walks and three strikeouts over six innings of work.
- Mario Hollands earned the loss in his Major League debut.
- Rangers 3B Adrian Beltre went 2-for-4 with two doubles including the walk-off winning RBI single.
- Rangers LF Shin-Soo Choo had a good day going 2-for-3 with a walk in the bottom of the ninth inning and scored two runs, including the game-winner.
- Texas left 12 runners on base.
- The Rangers went 3-for-12 with runners in scoring position.
- Ryan Howard hit in the fifth spot tonight breaking a streak of 665 games in which he batted cleanup for the Phillies. It was the first time since June 29, 2008 that Howard hit somewhere else besides cleanup.
The Phillies get back at it tomorrow against the Rangers at 8:05 pm at Globe Life Ballpark in Arlington. Kyle Kendrick is slated to start for the Phillies.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports