Final: Reds 6 - Phillies 5
Losing Pitcher: Roberto Hernandez (2-4) - 4.0 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
Save: Aroldis Chapman (8)
- Domonic Brown had a three-hit day going 3-for-4 with a double.
- Jimmy Rollins inched closer to Mike Schmidt's hit record going 1-for-5 with a two-run home run.
- Marlon Byrd had a a strong game going 1-for-4 with a two-run home run.
- Carlos Ruiz hit a solo home run.
- Cesar Hernandez also had a good day at the plate going 2-for-4 with a run scored.
- Chase Utley continued to rip doubles as he hit his 24th double of the year.
- The Phillies went 1-for-4 with runners in scoring position and left five men on base.
- Todd Frazier had a phenomenal game going 3-for-4 with a home run, a stolen base and two runs scored.
- Jay Bruce hit is 100th career home run at Great American Ball Park and went 1-for-2 with a walk, a home run, a stolen base, a run scored and three RBIs.
- Zack Cozart had a decent day at the plate going 1-for-4 with a double, a run scored and an RBI.
- Billy Hamilton put forth an interesting game going 0-for-2 with a walk, a run scored, an RBI and his 23rd stolen base of the year.
- Ramon Santiago was the only other Red to record a hit going 1-for-3 with a walk.
- The Reds went 2-for-6 with runners in scoring position and left five runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports