Final: Phillies 2 - Nationals 1
Losing Pitcher: Doug Fister (10-3) - 7.0 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
Save: Jonathan Papelbon (26)
- Grady Sizemore had a strong game for the Phillies going 2-for-3 with a walk, a double and a run scored.
- Cody Asche also produced at the plate going 2-for-3 with an RBI single in the third inning.
- Marlon Byrd hit the go-ahead solo home run in the sixth inning.
- Ben Revere was the only other Phillie to record a hit.
- Roberto Hernandez one of his best starts as a Phillie allowing no earned runs over eight innings needing just 94 pitches.
- The Phillies went 2-for-3 with runners in scoring position and left five men on base.
- Ian Desmond drove in the only Nationals run with an RBI single and he went 2-for-4 on the night.
- Adam LaRoche was 2-for-4 on the night with a run scored.
- Denard Span, Anthony Rendon and Bryce Harper all went 1-for-4 on the night.
- Doug Fister now has recorded a decision in 13 of his 15 starts this season.
- The Nationals went 1-for-6 with runners in scoring position and left six runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports