Final: Cubs 2 - Phillies 1
Losing Pitcher: Roberto Hernandez (2-5) - 5.2 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
Save: Neil Ramirez (2)
- Jimmy Rollins went 1-for-4 with a double, a run scored and tied Mike Schmidt's team record for most hits with his double. Rollins now has 2,234 hits for his career.
- Domonic Brown had a strong game going 2-for-4 with a double that broke up Jake Arrieta's no-hitter and an RBI single in the bottom of the ninth.
- Marlon Byrd went 1-for-3 with a walk on the night.
- Carlos Ruiz was the only other Phillie to record a hit going 1-for-4.
- Phillies starter Roberto Hernandez was ejected from the game with two outs in the fifth inning after hitting Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro on the elbow. No warnings were issued prior. Manager Ryne Sandberg was also ejected after arguing on behalf of Hernandez.
- The Phillies went 1-for-10 with runners in scoring position and left six men on base.
- Castro had the big hit for the Cubs going 1-for-3 with a two-run home run in the fourth inning.
- Anthony Rizzo was on base a lot as he went 1-for-2 with two walks and a run scored.
- Former Phillies outfielder Nate Schierholtz ripped a single and was 1-for-3 on the night.
- Chris Coghlan was the only other Cub to record a hit going 1-for-4.
- The Cubs went 0-for-2 with runners in scoring position and left three runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports