Final - 15: Phillies 2 - Astros 1
Losing Pitcher: Jake Buchanan (1-2) - 3.2 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Ryan Howard belted his 17th home run of the season in the second inning to give the Phillies a 1-0 lead.
- Howard came through in the clutch in the bottom of the 15th inning driving in Grady Sizemore with the game-winning single.
- Howard was 2-for-6 with a run scored and two RBIs.
- Sizemore, who came into the game as a pinch-hitter in the seventh inning, went 2-for-4 with a run scored.
- Ben Revere and Cody Asche both had a two-hit games going 2-for-6.
- Chase Utley was the only other Phillie to get a hit going 1-for-4 with three walks.
- Kyle Kendrick allowed just one run on five hits with a walk and three strikeouts over seven innings of work.
- Antonio Bastardo struck out six batters in two innings of work out of the bullpen.
- As a whole, the Phillies bullpen struck out 14 batters over eight innings of work.
- The Phillies went 1-for-6 with runners in scoring position and left 12 men on base.
- Former-Phillies prospect Jonathan Singleton drove in the only Astros run of the night with an RBI single in the seventh inning.
- Chris Carter didn't record a hit going 0-for-5 but worked a walk and scored on Singleton's single.
- Jose Altuve, Matt Dominguez and Jason Castro both went 1-for-6 on the day.
- Marwin Gonzalez and Robbie Grossman both went 1-for-5.
- No Astro had more than one hit on the night.
- Dallas Keuchel allowed just one run on five hits with a walk and four strikeouts over seven innings of work.
- The Astros went 1-for-6 with runners in scoring position and left eight runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports