Final: Phillies 7 - Mets 6
Losing Pitcher: Jenrry Mejia (5-5) - 0.2 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
- Chase Utley had a fantastic game for the Phillies going 3-for-4 with a walk, a double, a home run, two runs scored and three RBIs.
- Ryan Howard's only hit of the day came as a walk-off single in the bottom of the ninth inning scoring Marlon Byrd.
- Byrd tied the game with his pinch-hit single that scored Cody Asche. Byrd stole second to get into scoring position, his third steal of the game.
- Asche's only hit of the game was a ninth-inning double to lead off the inning.
- Domonic Brown had only one hit but it was big as he ripped a two-run double to cut the Mets lead to 6-3.
- Ben Revere and Jimmy Rollins both went 1-for-5 with a run scored.
- The Phillies went 4-for-9 with runners in scoring position and left seven men on base.
- Lucas Duda was 1-for-4 on the day with a walk and a solo home run.
- Travis d'Arnaud hit a home run on the very next pitch after Duda. Overall he was 2-for-4 with a walk, an RBI and two runs scored.
- Juan Lagares had a great game at the plate going 2-for-3 with a walk, a triple, a run scored and two RBIs.
- David Wright also had a multi-hit game going 2-for-5 with an RBI and a run scored.
- Curtis Granderson went 2-for-4 with a walk and a run scored at the top of the Mets order.
- Daniel Murphy also drove in a going 1-for-4 with a sacrifice fly.
- The Mets went 2-for-7 with runners in scoring position and left nine runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports