Final: Phillies 5 - Braves 2
Losing Pitcher: Ervin Santana (5-4) - 6.0 IP, 8 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 5 K
Save: Jonathan Papelbon (16)
- Jimmy Rollins extended his hit streak to 12 games going 1-for-4 with a double and a run scored.
- Ryan Howard got the Phillies on the board with his two-run home run in the first. He was 1-for-3 with his home run and two walks on the night.
- Carlos Ruiz had a good game in the two-hole going 2-for-5 with a double.
- Reid Brignac continued to swing a hot bat going 2-for-5 with a double and a run scored.
- Cesar Hernandez filled in nicely for Chase Utley picking up two hits including his RBI single in the fourth inning.
- Jonathan Papelbon bounced back from his second blown save of the year and his first blown save since April 5th with a 1-2-3 ninth inning.
- The Phillies went 2-for-15 with runners in scoring position and left 11 men on base.
- Jayson Heyward was on base again tonight making it 33 of his last 36 games that he has reached base safely. He went 2-for-4 with a double and an RBI single in the fifth inning.
- Chris Johnson held his own at the plate going 1-for-4 with a double and a run scored.
- Freddie Freeman had the only other extra-base hit for the Braves going 1-for-4 with a double.
- Andrelton Simmons and B.J. Upton also added hits for Atlanta.
- Gerald Laird was 0-for-2 on the night with a walk and a run scored.
- The Braves went 3-for-7 with runners in scoring position and left four runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports