Final: Saints 26 - Eagles 24
Passing: Drew Brees (NO) - 20-for-30 (66.7%), 250 Yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs
Rushing: Mark Ingram (NO) - 18 CAR, 97 Yards, 1 TD
Receiving: Riley Cooper (PHI) - 6 REC, 68 Yards, 1 TD
New Orleans announced on Friday that starting runningback Pierre Thomas would be out Saturday against the Eagles which shifted the spotlight to Mark Ingram and Darren Sproles. Ingram looked like the first round pick he was expected to be in 2011. He rushed 18 times for 97 yards (5.4 yards per carry) and a touchdown that put New Orleans up 20-7.
- Near the end of the first quarter with the ball on the Saints 15 yard line, the Eagles completed a pass to Brent Celek that lost eight yards then Nick Foles took an 11-yard sack to push them back. Finally it led to a 48-yard field goal attempt from Alex Henery that he missed badly.
- After falling behind 7-3 in the second quarter, the Saints scored 17 unanswered points.
- Riley Cooper had six receptions for a team-high 68 yards but dropped a pass that would've gone for 20 yards and possibly more.
- New Orleans out-rushed the Eagles 185-80.
- The Eagles were 2-for-2 on fourth down, including LeSean McCoy's touchdown run at the end of the third quarter.
- The Saints put up 434 yards of total offense while holding the Eagles to just 256 yards of total offense.
- Nick Foles was 23-for-33 (69.6%) for 195 yards, two touchdowns, and no interceptions for a rating of 105.0.
- Donnie Jones was stellar again for the Eagles with five punts for 244 yards (48.8 yard average).
- DeSean Jackson had three catches for 53 yards but all of them came after Keenan Lewis left the game with a head injury he suffered hitting Jason Avant.
- Each team recorded two sacks with Brandon Graham and Trent Cole each recording a sack.
The loss ends the Eagles season after just one playoff game. The Eagles have not made it past the first round of the playoffs since they made it to the NFC Championship Game in January 2008.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports