Final - OT: Flyers 3 - Devils 2
- Brayden Schenn (PHI) - 1 G, 1 A, 2 SOG, Plus-2
- Nick Grossmann (PHI) - 0 G, 2 A, 0 SOG, Plus-1
- Claude Giroux (PHI) - 1 G, 0 A, 3 SOG, 22:15 TOI
- After the Flyers had a great scoring chance almost immediately, the Devils struck first only 57 seconds into the first period after Adam Henrique received a beautiful feed from Jaromir Jagr.
- After a scoreless second period, the Flyers got on the board five minutes into the third period on Claude Giroux's 13th goal of the year, it came on the power play.
- Just under five minutes later, Brayden Schenn found Scott Hartnell on a beautiful cross-ice pass and Hartnell beat Martin Brodeur to give the Flyers a 2-1 lead.
- With just about 30 seconds remaining in the game and the Devils shorthanded, Marek Zidlicky found Michael Ryder all by himself next to the Flyers net and he didn't miss to tie the game and send it to overtime.
- Just 1:50 into a fluid overtime, Nick Grossmann fed Brayden Schenn on a slap-pass that faked everyone out, including Brodeur. Schenn did not miss the open net to win the game for the Flyers.
- Schenn has now scored in four of the last five games.
- Flyers winger Scott Hartnell now has an eight-game scoring streak (4 G, 5 A) with his third period goal tonight.
- The Flyers end the six-game road trip on a high note and end it with a 5-1-0 record.
- Ray Emery stopped 31 of the 33 shots fired his way.
- The Devils out-shot the Flyers 33-28, including 14-6 in the first period.
- The Flyers were 1-for-5 on the power play while the Devils were 0-for-3 on the man-advantage.
- Over the last five games, the Flyers have killed all 15 penalties.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports