Final: Padres 5 - Phillies 4
Losing Pitcher: A.J. Burnett (8-17) - 5.2 IP, 8 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 4 BB, 4 K
Save: Kevin Quackenbush (4)
- Freddy Galvis had a great night at the plate going 1-for-2 with a home run, two walks, two RBIs and two runs scored.
- Domonic Brown also put up a good game going 1-for-4 with a home run and his seventh stolen base of the season.
- Chase Utley was the last Phillies starter to record a hit going 1-for-4.
- Darin Ruf drove in Galvis in the ninth inning on a pinch-hit to cut the lead to one.
- Marlon Byrd also added a pinch
- The Phillies went 1-for-5 with runners in scoring position and left seven man on base.
- Alexi Amarista had a big night at the plate going 3-for-4 with a double, a home run and two RBIs. He was just a triple shy of the cycle.
- Rymer Liriano also sprayed the ball around going 3-for-4 with a run scored.
- Cory Spangenberg ripped his first triple of the season and scored a run.
- Will Venable went 1-for-4 with an RBI single and a run scored.
- Jedd Gyorko, who came in for Spangenberg, went 1-for-2 with an RBI single that eventually became the game-winner.
- The Padres went 4-for-12 with runners in scoring position and left eight runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports