Final: Braves 10 - Phillies 3
Losing Pitcher: Roberto Hernandez (3-7) - 7.0 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
- Ryan Howard drove in the Phillies first run of the game going 1-for-4 with an RBI.
- Howard had two errors in the fourth inning which is when the Braves put up two unearned runs on the Phillies
- Tony Gwynn Jr. snapped an 0-for-23 streak with his triple in the first inning. He had a great day at the plate going 2-for-3 with a triple and a run scored.
- Ben Revere had a multi-hit game going 2-for-5 with a double.
- Chase Utley went 1-for-4 with a run scored.
- Koyie Hill got his first hit with the Phillies going 1-for-3 with a walk, a double and a run scored.
- In addition to seven innings on the mound, Roberto Hernandez recorded his first career RBI with his RBI-single in the second inning.
- The Phillies went 2-for-8 with runners in scoring position and left seven men on base.
- Freddie Freeman continues to pace the Braves offense going 0-for-2 with three walks and four runs scored.
- Justin Upton put forth a strong effort at the plate going 2-for-5 with a double, a run scored and three RBIs.
- Jason Heyward had a good game despite not getting a hit with a walk and a run scored.
- Heyward has now reached base safely in 43 of the last 46 games.
- Chris Johnson had himself a good day at the plate going 2-for-5 with a double, a run scored and two RBIs.
- Tommy La Stella hit a triple with the bases loaded then later scored a run.
- The Braves went 4-for-11 with runners in scoring position and left six runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports