Final: Stars 5 - Flyers 1
- Tyler Seguin (DAL) - 3 G, 1 A, 5 SOG, Plus-4
- Valeri Nichushkin (DAL) - 1 G, 3 A, 2 SOG, Plus-3
- Dan Ellis (DAL) - 27 Saves, 1 GA, .964 SV%
- Zac Rinaldo was issued 27 minutes worth of penalties just 1:15 into the game for trying to fight Antoine Roussel which gave the Stars a seven minute power play which they didn't score on.
- Rinaldo played just four seconds in the game
- Dallas had spent nine of the first 18:05 of the game on the power play but didn't score.
- Andrej Meszaros scored off a rebound on a Flyers off-man rush late in the first period to give them a 1-0 lead.
- Early in the second period, Tyler Seguin beat Steve Mason on a 2-on-1 with captain Jamie Benn to tie the game for Dallas.
- Seguin would score later in the second to make it 2-1 Stars.
- Exactly 40 seconds later, Seguin's shot was redirected off Luke Schenn's stick past Mason to give him a natural hat trick.
- And 22 seconds later, Seguin set up Valeri Nichushkin for that line's fourth goal of the period to make it 4-1 after two.
- This is the first time that Mason allowed more than three goals in a game for the Flyers.
- Ray Emery relieved Mason for the third period.
- Cody Eakins scored a shorthanded goal with four and a half minutes remaining to make it 5-1 Stars and end any hope the Flyers had of coming back.
- Dallas out-shot Philadelphia 34-28.
- Both teams were 0-for-5 on the power play.
- The Flyers were unable to practice Friday in Dallas due to a power outage so they went two full days without skating before Saturday's game.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports