Final - SO: Flyers 4 - Canucks 3
- Steve Mason (PHI) - 3 GA, 41 Saves, .932 SV%
- Claude Giroux (PHI) - 1 G, 1 A, 5 SOG, Plus-3
- Brayden Schenn (PHI) - 1 G, 0 A, 1 SOG, 15:43 TOI
- The Flyers got largely outplayed in the first period but struck first when Michael Raffl went hard to the net and the puck found Mark Streit for the backhand goal, his third in the last seven games.
- Claude Giroux got an assist on the goal extending his point streak to a career-high nine games.
- The second period got off to a bad start as former-Flyers enforcer Tom Sestito beat Steve Mason off a rebound to tie the game.
- After some tic-tac-toe passing late in the period, the Canucks took a 2-1 lead after Daniel Sedin caught Andrej Meszaros napping and found Jannick Hansen wide-open in front of the net.
- Two minutes later, Michael Raffl found Giroux streaking through the neutral zone and he split two Vancouver defensemen and beat Eddie Lack to tie the game with just over a minute remaining in the period.
- It was a back-and-forth third period when the Flyers couldn't get the puck through the neutral zone and the Canucks came back on the rush. Mason made the original save on Daniel Sedin's shot but it hit Luke Schenn and into the net to put them up 3-2 with 2:48 remaining.
- With the goaltender pulled, the Flyers won the offensive zone faceoff and Matt Read drove hard to the net then dished the puck to Scott Hartnell who's shot was pushed aside to Brayden Schenn to put the puck home to tie the game with 46.8 seconds remaining and force overtime.
- After a scoreless overtime, the game went to a shootout. Steve Mason stopped all three shooters for Vancouver while Vinny Lecavalier scored for the Flyers and they wouldn't even need their third shooter.
- The Flyers were 0-for-2 on the power play while the Canucks were 0-for-4 on the man-advantage.
- The Canucks had at least 13 shots in every period and outshot the Flyers 44-27.
- Giroux was a team-high plus-3 tonight while Luke Schenn was a team-worst minus-3.
- Streit led the Flyers in shots on goal with five.
- The goal was Schenn's first in his last 17 games.
- Braydon Coburn registered 24:47 of ice time tonight leading all Flyers.
- It was the first time the Flyers won back-to-back shootouts since March 2006.
- The loss snaps a six-game winning streak at home for Vancouver.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports