Yesterday's Scores: Temple 77, #22 Cincinnati 70; St. Joe's 78, Maryland-Eastern Shore 68; #17 Baylor 49, #10 North Carolina 38; #20 LSU 56, Texas Tech 27; California 55, Air Force 36; Nevada 28, Colorado State 23; Iowa 83, #1 Michigan State 70; #13 Miami (FL) 76, Princeton 64; #14 Purdue 61, Wisconsin 55; Florida State 73, Florida 71; UConn 71, Texas 66; Bruins 7, Senators 3; Islanders 6, Maple Leafs 3; Devils 3, Hurricanes 2; Blue Jackets 6, Stars 3; Panthers 3, Canadiens 1; Knicks 108, Pistons 96; Hawks 121, Rockets 115
Today's Schedule: 76ers @ Kings - 10 PM (TCN / 97.5 The Fanatic); Flyers @ Sharks - 10:30 PM (CSN / 93.3 WMMR); Auburn vs. Memphis (Birmingham Bowl) - Noon (ESPN); #19 West Virginia @ Virginia Tech - Noon (ESPNU); Michigan @ Illinois - 3 PM (ESPN2); NC State vs. Mississippi State (Belk Bowl) - 3:30 PM (ESPN); Northwestern @ Nebraska - 4 PM (ESPNU); Oakland @ #5 Virginia - 6 PM (ESPNU); Texas A&M vs. Louisville (Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl) - 7 PM (ESPN); Clemson @ #7 North Carolina - 7 PM (ESPN2); Seton Hall @ Marquette - 7 PM (FS1); Maple Leafs @ Penguins - 7 PM; Lakers @ Celtics - 7:30 PM (NBATV); Rangers @ Lightning - 8 PM (NBCSN); Pacers @ Bulls - 8 PM; Arkansas @ Dayton - 8 PM (CBSSN); Warriors @ Mavericks - 8:30 PM; Syracuse @ Pittsburgh - 9 PM (ESPN2); Nuggets @ Trail Blazers - 10 PM (NBATV); #25 USC vs. Wisconsin (National Funding Holiday Bowl) - 10:30 PM (ESPN)
CHIP KELLY ISN'T THE EAGLES HEAD COACH
TEMPLE UPSETS #22 CINCINNATI; ST. JOE'S BEATS MARYLAND-EASTERN SHORE
- Quenton DeCosey's 19 points, including hitting 10-of-11 from the free-throw line, helped lead Temple defeat Cincinnati 77-70 in their American opener. The Owls shot 57.1% in the first half en route to total of 50% for the game. Devin Coleman and Daniel Dingle each contributed with 14 points, while Josh Brown had 11. Jaylen Bond had six rebounds. For the Bearcats, Troy Caupain scored 19 points and seven assists, while Octavius Ellis scored 12 points and had seven rebounds, and Farad Cobb had 10 points. Temple hosts Houston Saturday afternoon at the Liacouras Center. (RECAP) Speaking of the Owls, on a football note, head coach Matt Rhule has won the Maxwell Club's Tri-State Coach of the Year award.
- The Hawks improved to 10-2 on the season, and extended their winning streak to six games with a 78-68 win over Maryland-Eastern Shore at Hawk Hill. Isaiah Miles led the team with 17 points, while DeAndre' Bembry had 15 points and nine rebounds, and James Demery added 11. For the other Hawks, Devin Martin had a game-high 23 points, while Dominique Elliott had 16 points and nine rebounds. Ryan Andino also added 14 points. St. Joe's begins Atlantic 10 play Saturday as they travel to take on Richmond. The Hawks also received votes in the latest AP poll. (RECAP)
FLYERS WAIVE SAM GAGNER
PORZINGIS WITH THE DREAM SHAKE
THE GREEK FREAK ONLY NEEDS ONE DRIBBLE THROUGH HALF COUTY
MIKE TYSON GETS KNOCKED DOWN BY A HOVERBOARD
TOM HERMAN GOT A GOLD GRILL AND IT IS SICK
PRIEST GETS SUSPENDED FOR RIDING A HOVERBOARD DURING MASS
IF A DOG WORE PANTS, HOW WOULD HE OR SHE WEAR THEM?
TODAY IN HISTORY
- 1813: British soldiers burn Buffalo, New York.
- 1922: The Union of Soviet Socialist Republics is formed.
- 1936: The United Auto Workers union staged their first sitdown strike.
- 1979: Darryl Dawkins breaks the backboard against the Spurs.
- 1981: In the 39th game of his third NHL season, Wayne Gretzky scores five goals, giving him 50 on the year against the Philadelphia Flyers.
- 1999: Former Beatle George Harrison is attacked by Michael Abram in his Friar Park home.
- Sandy Koufax (80)
- Jim Marshall (78)
- Steve Mix (68)
- Matt Lauer (58)
- Tracey Ullman (56)
- Sean Hannity (54)
- Kerry Collins (43)
- Tiger Woods (40)
- LeBron James (31)
- Ellie Goulding (29)