Yesterday's Scores: Packers 27, Lions 23; UCLA 87, #1 Kentucky 77; Valparaiso 61, Belmont 57; Heat 97, Thunder 95; Avalanche 2, Rangers 1; Devils 5, Hurricanes 1; Capitals 3, Canadiens 2; Senators 4, Blackhawks 3 (OT)
Today's Schedule: Flyers @ Devils - 7 PM (CSN / 97.5 The Fanatic); St. Joe's @ Columbia - 7 PM; Kansas State @ Georgia - 7 PM (SEC Network); Pittsburgh @ Duquesne - 7 PM (CBSSN); Arkansas @ Wake Forest - 7 PM (ESPN3); Nets @ Knicks - 7 PM (ESPN); Blues @ Islanders - 7:30 PM; Bowling Green vs. Northern Illinois (MAC Championship) - 8 PM (ESPN2); Rockets @ Mavericks - 8:30 PM; Cavaliers @ Pelicans - 9:30 PM (ESPN); UC Davis @ Saint Mary's - 10 PM; Sharks @ Ducks - 10 PM; #15 Oregon @ UNLV - 11 PM (ESPN2)
- NCAAF: #22 Temple @ #19 Houston (AAC Championship) - Noon (ABC); Southern Mississippi @ Western Kentucky (Conference USA Championship) - Noon (ESPN2); #18 Florida vs. #2 Alabama (SEC Championship) - 4 PM (CBS); West Virginia @ Kansas State - 4:30 PM (FS1); Air Force @ San Diego State (Mountain West Championship) - 7:30 PM (ESPN2); #20 USC vs. #7 Stanford (Pac-12 Championship) - 7:45 PM (ESPN); #5 Michigan State vs. #4 Iowa (Big Ten Championship) - 8 PM (Fox); #10 North Carolina vs. #1 Clemson (ACC Championship) - 8 PM (ABC)
- NCAAB: Temple @ Wisconsin - 12:30 PM (CBS); Drexel @ La Salle - 2 PM; Penn @ George Mason - 6 PM; Seton Hall @ Rutgers - Noon (ESPNEWS); Grand Canyon @ #24 Louisville - Noon (ESPN3); #14 Syracuse @ Georgetown - 1 PM (Fox); New Hampshire @ #22 SMU - 1:30 PM (ESPN3); North Florida @ Dayton - 2 PM; William & Mary @ #10 Virginia - 2 PM (ESPN3); New Mexico @ #11 Purdue - 2:15 PM; California @ Wyoming - 3 PM (CBSSN); Harvard @ #4 Kansas - 3:15 PM (ESPN2); #19 Arizona @ #13 Gonzaga - 3:15 PM (ESPN); Ole Miss @ UMass - 4 PM; Buffalo @ #7 Duke - 5:15 PM (ESPN2); Northern Iowa @ Richmond - 6 PM; #23 Providence @ Rhode Island - 7 PM (ESPNU); Evansville @ Murray State - 8:30 PM; Wichita State @ Saint Louis - 9 PM (ESPNU); #18 Texas A&M @ Arizona State - 10:30 PM (ESPN2)
- NBA: Nuggets @ 76ers - 1 PM (CSN / 97.5 The Fanatic); Warriors @ Raptors - 5 PM; Cavaliers @ Heat - 8 PM (NBATV); Hornets @ Bulls - 8 PM; Magic @ Clippers - 10:30 PM
- NHL: Blue Jackets @ Flyers - 7:30 PM (CSN / 97.5 The Fanatic); Penguins @ Kings - 4 PM; Islanders @ Senators - 7 PM; Predators @ Red Wings - 7 PM; Bruins @ Canucks - 10 PM; Lightning @ Sharks - 10:30 PM
- NCAAF: College Football Playoff Selection Show - Noon (ESPN)
- NFL: Eagles @ Patriots - 4:25 PM (Fox / 94 WIP); Jets @ Giants - 1 PM (CBS); Seahawks @ Vikings - 1 PM (Fox); Falcons @ Buccaneers - 1 PM; Texans @ Bills - 1 PM; Chiefs @ Raiders - 4:05 PM; Panthers @ Saints - 4:25 PM; Colts @ Steelers - 8:30 PM (NBC)
- NCAAB: VCU @ Florida State - 2 PM (ESPNU); Colorado @ Colorado State - 2 PM; Davidson @ #9 North Carolina - 6 PM (ESPNU); UC Irvine @ Saint Mary's - 7 PM; #16 Vanderbilt @ #25 Baylor - 8 PM (ESPNU); Long Beach State @ UCLA - 9 PM (PAC12)
- NBA: Warriors @ Nets - 6 PM; Mavericks @ Wizards - 6 PM; Kings @ Thunder - 7 PM
- NHL: Jets @ Blackhawks - 5 PM; Panthers @ Devils - 7 PM; Sabres @ Oilers - 8 PM; Penguins @ Ducks - 8 PM; Lightning @ Kings - 10 PM
EVERY EAGLE PRACTICES...EXCEPT FOR RYAN MATHEWS
SUPER DARIO IS COMING NEXT SEASON ALONG WITH HIS DAD!
FLYERS BACK IN ACTION AGAINST NEW JERSEY
CLIFF LEE IS ATTEMPTING ONE FINAL COMEBACK
Oh, the update. The Phillies claimed former Angels Cardinals outfielder Peter Bourjos. The 29-year-old isn't a good hitter, but he's an update defensively in the outfield. 74 days until pitchers and catchers report! (REPORT)
Now, the Cliff Lee part. Lee is throwing a baseball again and has been medically cleared to throw in 2016. Lee is 37 and might be done after a couple of seasons if he can be an effective hurler. (REPORT)
Let's check in with Howard Eskin:
CATHOLIC LEAGUE TO REALIGN IN FOOTBALL
The Philadelphia Catholic League has started to take action, beginning with football. PCL athletic directors voted 10-3 on football realignment. According to Rick O'Brien, the PCL will split into two seven-team divisions based on classification, beginning in the 2016-17 school year, which is next year. There will be regular-season champions in each division.
Here's the new Red and Blue Catholic League divisions:
However, there will be no crossover game to decide an overall champion, sort of like how basketball and baseball playoffs work. Teams will move on to playoffs in their respective classifications, as Stuart London of The Intelligencer writes:
Because they have four schools, there will be a 6A semifinal and final. For 5A and 2A, since they have an odd number, the top two teams will be selected to play in a final.
Since LC and Conwell-Egan in 3A and Bonner and O'Hara in 4a are the only schools in those classifications, they automatically will face each other for the championship.
THE LIONS LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE STILL ALIVE IN THE PLAYOFF HUNT. BUT THEN AARON RODGERS DID THIS.
GREGG POPOVICH WELCOMES CRAIG SAGER BACK
FLOYD MAYWEATHER HAS A NEW PET
THE DIAMONDBACKS HAVE EIGHT NEW UNIS
SOMETIMES HIRING FROM WITHIN IS THE BEST CHOICE
HASSAN WHITESIDE BLASTS THROUGH "AIR CONGO" SERGE IBAKA AND THE RIM
COLDPLAY IS ONE ARTIST PLAYING AT THE SUPER BOWL 50 HALFTIME SHOW
NEW FOOT LOCKER AD FEATURING RUSSELL WESTBROOK, JALEN ROSE, JOHN BRENKUS, AND DR. PHIL IS FANTASTIC
THE MOST CRINGEWORTHY VIDEO YOU'LL SEE THIS WEEK
TODAY IN HISTORY
- 1881: The first edition of the Los Angeles Times is published.
- 1909: The Montreal Canadiens, the oldest surviving professional hockey franchise in the world, is founded as a charter member of the National Hockey Association, which would later become the National Hockey League.
- 1954: The first Burger King opens in Miami.
- 1971: The Montreux Casino in Switzerland is set ablaze by someone wielding a flare gun during a Frank Zappa concert. The incident would be noted in the Deep Purple song "Smoke on the Water."
- Alex Delvecchio (84)
- Jeff Bridges (66)
- Bernard King (59)
- Jay Z (46)
- Jeff Blake (45)
- Tyra Banks (42)
- Tadahito Iguchi (41)
- Jerome Williams (34)
- Carlos Gómez (30)