Yesterday's Scores: Pacers 112, 76ers 85; St. Joe's 89, Buffalo 67; High Point 75, Drexel 66; Providence 60, Illinois 59; Magic 104, Timberwolves 101 (OT); Rockets 108, Trail Blazers 103 (OT); Capitals 2, Red Wings 1 (OT)
Today's Schedule: Temple vs. Minnesota - 11:30 AM (ESPNU); Sharks @ Flyers - 7 PM (CSN / 97.5 The Fanatic); #22 Butler vs. Missouri State - 2 PM (ESPNU); Miami (FL) vs. Mississippi State - 5 PM (ESPN2); Creighton @ #14 Indiana - 7 PM (BTN); Stars @ Capitals - 7 PM; Rangers @ Lightning - 7:30 PM; Bucks @ Cavaliers - 8 PM (TNT); Titans @ Jaguars - 8:25 PM (NFL Network); Iowa @ Marquette - 9 PM (FS1); Warriors @ Clippers - 10:30 PM (TNT); SMU @ Stanford - 11:30 PM (ESPN2)
SIXERS GET TROUNCED BY INDIANA 112-85
EAGLES NOTES: BRADFORD STILL WANTS TO PLAY
Now to Mr. Sam Bradford. Don't count him out just yet:
And in long snapper news:
ST. JOE'S WIN AND IMPROVE TO 3-0, DREXEL LOSES
- Isaiah Miles tied career-highs with 24 points and 14 rebounds, while DeAndre' Bembry scored his 1,000th point as the Hawks defeated Buffalo 89-67 in the Hall of Fame Tip-Off at Hagan Arena. Dembry also had five assists on the night. James Demery (13) and Shavar Newkirk (12) also scored double-digits in points. For the Bulls, Blake Hamilton had 14 points and seven rebounds, while Lamonte Bearden racked up 13. The Hawks face off against Florida Saturday afternoon in Connecticut. (RECAP)
- The Dragons fell to 0-2 in their home opener to High Point, as the Dragons tried to pull out a win after fighting back from a 10-point deficit. Tavon Allen led the way for Drexel with 21 points and five rebounds, while Kazembe Abif had 10 points and eight rebounds. For the Panthers, nationally known John Brown had a game-high 23 points and nine rebounds. Adam Weary scored 18. Next up for Drexel is a home game Saturday afternoon against Monmouth. (RECAP)
PHILLIES SIGN FIVE TO MINOR LEAGUE CONTRACTS
3-ON-3 HOCKEY COMING TO THE ALL-STAR GAME
NORTH DAKOTA ATHLETICS ARE NOW KNOWN AS THE FIGHTING HAWKS
SOCCER COMMENTATOR GETS EJECTED BECAUSE OF CRITICIZING A REF'S CALL
GOODBYE RUDY GOBERT
TREVOR BOOKER MADE A SHOT STEPH CURRY WILL NEVER MAKE (PROBABLY)
ERIC GORDON'S "GOTTA GET THIS" SAYS HUBIE BROWN. DOESN'T "GET THIS"
PAUL FINEBAUM ATTEMPTS TO BLEND IN WITH TODAY'S CULTURE PART 2
E!'s THE SOUP WILL BE OUT OF BROTH AFTER 22 YEARS
CNN'S ANTHONY BOURDAIN TALKS ABOUT THE FANTASTIC PLACE THAT IS KNOWN AS THE WAFFLE HOUSE
TODAY IN HISTORY
- 1863: President Abraham Lincoln delivers the Gettysburg Address at the dedication ceremony for the military cemetery at Gettysburg.
- 1916: Samuel Goldwyn and Edgar Selwyn establish Goldwyn Pictures.
- 1978: Herman Edwards picks up a Joe Pisarcik fumble late in the fourth quarter to give the Eagles an unbelievable win over the New York Giants. It's known as The Miracle At The Meadowlands.
- 1985: President Ronald Reagan and Soviet Union leader Mikhail Gorbachev meet for the first time in Geneva.
- 1990: Pop group Milli Vanilli are stripped of their Grammy Award because the duo did not sing at all on the Girl You Know It's True album. Session musicians had provided all the vocals.
- 2004: The Malice at the Palace happened in Detroit between the Pacers and the Pistons. Ron Artest was suspended for 86 games (rest of season), while Stephen Jackson was suspended for 30 games.
- Larry King (82)
- Ted Turner (77)
- Calvin Klein (73)
- Bob Boone (28)
- Michael Wilbon (57)
- Jim L. Mora (the UCLA coach) (54)
- Jodie Foster (53)
- Jack Dorsey (39)
- Ryan Howard (36)
- Thad Lewis (28)
- Patrick Kane (27)
- Tyga (26)