Saturday's Scores: Panthers 7, Flyers 1; Temple 49, Tulane 10; Penn State 29, Indiana 7; 76ers 97, Nets 95; Rhode Island 20, Delaware 0; William & Mary 38, Villanova 16; Lehigh 21, Bucknell 10; Fordham 48, Penn 45; Delaware Valley 18, Stevenson 15; Salisbury 31, Rowan 28; West Chester 44, Kutztown 14;
Sunday's Scores: Eagles 39, Saints 17
Today's Schedule: Panthers @ Flyers - 7:00 PM (CSN, NHL Network / 93.3 WMMR); 76ers @ Knicks - 7:30 PM (97.5 The Fanatic)
EAGLES WIN IN FASHION, AND LOOK AT THE REST OF THE NFC EAST!
While the Eagles won, Washington lost in OT and Dallas got pummeled at home by New England. But the Giants, who we play at home next week on Monday night, barely beat the 49ers by three. A win next week and a Jets win against Washington would mean that Philadelphia is...in the lead for the NFC East. Which is crazy. But for now, let's hope that this dominant play continues. The Eagles are also 2-0 when wearing their green jerseys, so let's burn our whites. (RECAP)
FLYERS GET ROUTED BY FLORIDA, HOST PANTHERS IN HOME OPENER TONIGHT
Tonight is the home opener at the Wells Fargo Center, as the teams play each other once again. RJ Umberger didn't practice yesterday because of a maintenance day, and we're not sure if any changes will be made for tonight, including in net. (RECAP)
Also, thoughts and prayers go out to Phantoms defenseman Logan Pyett who was diagnosed with Sarcoma over the weekend and is taking a leave of absence from the game (REPORT)
CHECK OUT THE NEW FOOD OPTIONS AT THE WELLS FARGO CENTER
CHOLLY WANTS THE NATIONALS MANAGER JOB, DON'T DO THIS TO US CHOLLY!
STEVE SARKISIAN TO TAKE A LEAVE OF ABSENCE FROM USC
PRESIDENT OBAMA GIVES TIPS TO KANYE ABOUT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT
DELCO ICON TO CLOSE AT YEAR'S END
TODAY IN HISTORY
- 1492: Christopher Columbus makes landfall in the Bahamas. It's also Christopher Columbus Day.
- 1792: The first celebration of Christopher Columbus Day takes place in New York City.
- 1810: The Bavarian royalty invites the citizens of Munich to join the celebration of the marriage of Crown Prince Ludwig of Bavaria to Princess Therese von Sachsen-Hildburghausen. This would be known as the first Oktoberfest.
- 1823: The first raincoat is sold in Scotland.
- 1892: The Pledge of Allegiance is first recited in many public schools, marking the 400th anniversary of Columbus's voyage.
- 1901: President Theodore Roosevelt renames the Executive Mansion to The White House.
- 1933: The U.S. Army Disciplinary Barracks on Alcatraz Island is acquired by the Department of Justice.
- Bob Miller (77)
- J.J. Daigneault (50)
- Hugh Jackman (47)
- Bode Miller (38)
- Mike Green (30)