Yesterday's Scores: Flyers 1, Panthers 0; Knicks 94, Sixers 88; Royals 9, Astros 6; Blue Jays 8, Rangers 4; Cubs 8, Cardinals 3; Mets 13, Dodgers 7; Steelers 24, Chargers 20
Today's Schedule: Cardinals @ Cubs (NLDS Game 4, Cubs lead 2-1) - 4:37 PM (TBS); Dodgers @ Mets (NLDS Game 4, Mets lead 2-1) - 8:07 PM (TBS)
FLyERS HOLD OFF PANTHERS FOR 1-0 SHUTOUT WIN IN HOME OPENER
The Flyers take on the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks at home on Wednesday at 8 PM. It's also Kimmo Timonen Retirement Night. A big task is at hand, and no word about the situation with Mason. (RECAP)
EAGLES WORK OUT FOUR PLAYERS, UNIFORM FOR MONDAY ANNOUNCED
Also, cue the AC/DC...
RUBEN AMARO JR. WANTS TO MANAGE
STEVE SPURRIER IS RETIRING FROM COACHING
And Arby's wants to help out with his retirement party...
DEADSPIN AND SBNATION GIFS CRACKED DOWN BY THE NFL
PLAYBOY WILL STOP PUBLISHING NAKED PICTURES OF WOMEN
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED ABOUT SPORTS?
The last time I cried about sports at any level was back when I graduated from La Salle in 2014. We played Penncrest in the lacrosse quarterfinals and we thought that with a win here, we'd win the State Championship for the second straight season. We led at the half in a sloppy game, but Penncrest came back to lead by two. A comeback wasn't enough and our journey was over. It sucked. I wish our season lasted another week. I still love my La Salle boys. Leave your memories in the comments below. (TEARJERKER STORIES)
TODAY IN HISTORY
- 1775: The Continental Congress established the Continental Navy (now known as the United States Navy).
- 1845: A majority of voters in the Republic of Texas approve a proposed constitution that, if accepted by Congress, will make Texas a U.S. state.
- 1885: Georgia Tech is founded.
- 1967: The Oakland Oaks defeated the Anaheim Amigos 134-129 in the first ever game in the history of the American Basketball Association.
- Paul Simon (74)
- Jerry Jones (73
- Sammy Hagar (68)
- Marie Osmond (56)
- Doc Rivers (54)
- Jerry Rice (53)
- Nancy Kerrigan (46)
- Sacha Baron Cohen (44)
- Billy Bush (44)
- Summer Sanders (43)
- Brian Dawkins (42) - WEAPON X!!!!!!
- Paul Pierce (38)
- Ashanti (35)