Yesterday's Scores: Cubs 6, Cardinals 4 (Cubs win series 3-1); Dodgers 3, Mets 1 (Series tied at 2)
Today's Schedule: Rangers @ Blue Jays (Game 5 ALDS) - 4:07 PM (FS1); Blackhawks @ Flyers - 8:00 PM (NBCSN / 97.5 The Fanatic); Astros @ Royals (Game 5 ALDS) - 8:07 PM (FS1)
EAGLES NEWS: VANDERVELDE GONE (AGAIN), RASHEED BAILEY, AND CHIP TO USC
Second, former popular preseason standout and Roxborough standout Rasheed Bailey has signed with the BC Lions (the BC stands for British Columbia for those who don't know their Canadian geography). He'll be a member of the practice squad. The Lions are 5-9 with four games left in their season. He worked out with several NFL teams, but to no avail. Go see some Canuck games in BC! (REPORT)
Finally, Chip Kelly is one of two candidates for the USC job. The other is Kevin Sumlin. (REPORT)
DANNY BRIERE IN A NEW ROLE WITH THE FLYERS
Also, the team plays tonight against the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks. It's also Kimmo Timonen Retirement Night. Here's a little more info on Kimmo. (LOOKBACK)
HERE'S ROY HALLADAY'S OPINION ON THE CHASE UTLEY SLIDE
TEMPLE-NOTRE DAME IS SOLD OUT
GOING TO PHILLY SPORTS GAMES ARE EXPENSIVE AND DEPRESSING
ROBIN VAN PERSIE COSTS NETHERLANDS TRIP TO EURO 2016, ICELAND QUALIFIES
HERE'S A BYU PLAYER'S THOUGHTS ON TRANSITIONING TO PROVO, UTAH
IS THE JERSEY DEVIL IN GALLOWAY TOWNSHIP?
TODAY IN HISTORY
- 1908: The Chicago Cubs defeated the Detroit Tigers to win the World Series, their last one to date.
- 1912: While campaigning in Milwaukee, former President Theodore Roosevelt is shot and mildly wounded by John Schrank, a mentally-disturbed saloon keeper. With the fresh wound in his chest, and the bullet still within it, Roosevelt still carries out his scheduled public speech. Savage.
- 1962: A U.S. Air Force U-2 reconnaissance plane flys over Cuba and takes photographs of Soviet missiles capable of carrying nuclear warheads being installed and erected in the country. The Cuban Missile Crisis begins.
- 2003: Cubs fan Steve Bartman reaches over for a foul ball that left fielder Moises Alou would have caught for an out in Game 6 of the NLCS against the Florida Marlins. That caused the Cubs to lose the game, and the series in Game 7.
- Ralph Lauren (76)
- Jerry Glanville (74)
- Dave "The Hammer" Schultz (66)
- Joe Girardi (51)
- Jim Rome (51)
- Stephen A. Smith (48)
- Floyd Landis (40)
- Usher (37)
- Stacy Keibler (36)
- Jay Pharoah (28)