Yesterday's Scores: Flyers 5, Bruins 4 (F/OT); Blue Jays 7, Royals 1 (KC leads ALCS 3-2); Mets 8, Cubs 3 (Mets win NLCS 4-0)
Today's Schedule: #22 Temple @ East Carolina - 7:00 PM (ESPN2); Seahawks @ 49ers - 8:25 PM (CBS)
FLYERS COME BACK TO BEAT THE BRUINS IN OT, 5-4
It was a fast start for the Flyers, as Pierre Edouard Bellemare got the Flyers on the board first before Brett Connolly tied the game up. Sam Gagner untied it shortly after, but Patrice Bergeron scored on a four-minute power play to enter the first intermission tied at two. Goaltender Michal Neuvirth appeared to be hurt after the Bergeron goal and Steve Mason replaced him for the remainder of the game. But before the end of the period, former Flyer Zac Rinaldo knocked Sean Couturier out of the rest of the game with a hit towards the head (below). The Flyers would start with a five minute power play, and Rinaldo was also given a game misconduct.
Now comes a huge test for the team, as the Flyers host the New York Rangers Saturday night. (RECAP)
KIKO ALONSO AND MYCHAL KENDRICKS PRACTICE
Speaking of Ryans, him and rookie Jordan Hicks have nicknames. We know Ryans is know as Mufasa, but as for Hicks...
#22 TEMPLE TAKES ON EAST CAROLINA TONIGHT
THE NIKE MAGS WITH POWER LACES ARE COMING
DOUG MARTIN WANTS TO GET RID OF THE MUSCLE HAMSTER NICKNAME
SOCCER FANS ARE CRAZY PART 710
YOUTUBE TO LAUNCH AN AD-FREE PLAN FOR $10
TODAY IN HISTORY
- 1746: The College of New Jersey receives its charter. It's now known as Princeton University.
- 1962: American reconnaissance planes have discovered Soviet nuclear weapons in Cuba, and that he has ordered a naval "quarantine" of the Communist nation. It's the start of the Cuban Missile Crisis.
- 1964: Canada selects the design which becomes their new national flag, which is still present today.
- 1978: Pope John Paul II is inaugurated.
- Christopher Lloyd (77) - GREAT SCOTT!
- Arsène Wenger (66)
- Jeff Goldblum (63)
- Carlos Mencia (48)
- Shaggy (47)
- D'Lo Brown (45)
- Ichiro Suzuki (42)
- Laidback Luke (39)
- Robinson Cano (33)