Yesterday's Scores: Cardinals 26, Ravens 18
Today's Schedule: Sabres @ Flyers - 7:00 PM (CSN / 97.5 The Fanatic); Mets @ Royals (World Series Game 1) - 8:07 PM (Fox)
SPOTS STILL AVAILABLE FOR OUR FANTASY HOOPS LEAGUE ON ESPN, DRAFT DAY IS TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are also pondering about implementing an entry fee for all teams and making it a money league, so that should be a reason why to join too, besides having fun!
If you want in, feel free to contact me via Twitter, whether it's mentioning me or direct messaging me or the Whiz Wit account!
PHILLIES INTRODUCE MATT KLENTAK AS GM
EAGLES MONDAY AFTER GAME
SIXERS OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCE ROSTER OF 15 PLAYERS
COLLEGE GAMEDAY IS HEADING TO PHILLY!!!!
Also, the cheapest pair of tickets that I saw on StubHub are at $135. After that, they're about $170. Yeesh.
MICHAEL RAFFL GOOD TO GO, AND HOW'S ANDREW MACDONALD DOING WITH THE PHANTOMS?
Meanwhile, let's check in with our good pal Andrew MacDonald, who was waived earlier this month and sent down to Lehigh Valley with his huge lump of cash. Here's something from the team's Saturday night game against the Providence Bruins:
EARNIE STEWART TO BECOME UNION'S SPORTING DIRECTOR
WHAT ARE YOU THINKING JEREMY ROENICK?
RON HUNTER HAS A BOBBLEHEAD
GREG HARDY MISSED COWBOYS PRACTICE ON THURSDAY AND TOLD NO ONE
KOBE IS STILL THE GOAT
RUSSIAN DUDE IS A REAL LIFE INDIANA JONES
PROCESSED MEAT AND RED MEAT CAN POSSIBLY CAUSE CANCER
TODAY IN HISTORY
- 1275: The traditional founding of the city of Amsterdam.
- 1682: THIS GREAT AND BEAUTIFUL CITY OF PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA WAS FOUNDED!!!!!
- 1810: The United States annexes the former Spanish colony of West Florida, which was the Florida Panhandle.
- 1904: The first underground New York City Subway line opens, which becomes the biggest in the country and one of the biggest in the world.
- 1964: Ronald Reagan delivers a speech on behalf of Republican presidential candidate Barry Goldwater. It came to be known as "A Time for Choosing" and would eventually launch his successful political career.
- 1971: The Democratic Republic of the Congo is renamed Zaire.
- John Cleese (76)
- Ivan Reitman (69)
- Rick Carlisle (56)
- Martín Prado (32)
- Brady Quinn (31)
- Jon Niese (29)
- Andrew Bynum (oh god) (28)
- Evan Turner (oh god, but he was better than Bynum because he played) (27)
- Brandon Saad (23)