Yesterday's Scores: Sabres 4, Flyers 3 (F/OT); Royals 5, Mets 4 (F/14) (KC leads World Series 1-0)
Today's Schedule: Sixers @ Celtics - 7:30 PM (CSN / 97.5 The Fanatic); Mets @ Royals (World Series Game 2) - 8:07 PM (Fox...hopefully, but there's also ESPN Radio)
FLYERS FALL TO SABRES IN OVERTIME ON DANNY BRIERE NIGHT
Although they came out with a point, the team played one of their worst games of the young season. They'll look to bounce back Thursday night against the New Jersey Devils. (RECAP)
WALTER THURMOND THINKS THE EAGLES CAN WIN A SUPER BOWL
Also, guess who's back with the Giants?
SIXERS OPEN SEASON TONIGHT AGAINST BOSTON
Look out for Carter Fillman's Sixers preview later today as well!
GAME 1 OF THE WORLD SERIES HAD TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES
"YOU LIKE THAT" IS NOW A T-SHIRT AND A SWEATSHIRT
JOSH ROSEN's HOT TUB HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM HIS DORM
NO LOOK PASS IN HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL WORKS!
TODAY IN HISTORY
- 1492: Christopher Columbus discovered Cuba on his first voyage to the New World.
- 1636: A vote of the Great and General Court of the Massachusetts Bay Colony establishes the first college in what would become the United States, today known as Harvard University.
- 1886: President Grover Cleveland dedicates the Statue of Liberty. Also, the first ticker tape parade takes place in New York City when office workers throw ticker tape into the streets as the statue is dedicated.
- 1919: Congress passes the Volstead Act over President Woodrow Wilson's veto, paving the way for Prohibition to begin in January.
- 1962: Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev orders the removal of Soviet missiles from Cuba, ending the Cuban Missile Crisis.
- 1965: Construction on the St. Louis Arch is complete.
- Charlie Daniels (79)
- Lenny Wilkens (78)
- Bruce (Caitlyn) Jenner (66)
- Bill Gates (60)
- Randy Wittman (56)
- Julia Roberts (48)
- Terrell Davis (43)
- Brad Paisley (43)
- Joaquín Phoenix (41)