Yesterday's Scores: Seahawks 13, Lions 3
Today's Schedule: Sixers @ Wizards - 7:00 PM (CSN, NBATV); Astros @ New York Yankees - 8:00 PM (ESPN)
EAGLES DAY AFTER LOSS TO WASHINGTON
Second, after probably being a reason why the team lost on Sunday after missing an extra point and a field goal, Caleb Sturgis is staying with the team, according to Chip Kelly. The reason for that is due to the lack of options in free agency, which is true. He also said some other things...
- "I have confidence in this group."
- Chip says that the team knows that they have the right players here and points out that they lost three games by a combined 15 points.
- Chip believes that the team is giving great effort, but aren't making the plays.
- "We've taken some shots, but we're still standing."
- Chip thinks that the team has the right guys on the offensive line.
- In regard to DeMarco Murray's comments about wanting to get the ball more, Chip says that he wants the guys to want the ball more.
Finally, current Bills starting QB Tyrod Taylor originally didn't want to go to Buffalo. Instead, he wanted to be in Philadelphia since it was an offense that would fit him. But the Eagles considered some chump named Tim Tebow instead and it was a bad decision. Yikes.
FLYERS WAIVE ANDREW MACDONALD, OPENING DAY ROSTER IS SET AND OH MY GOD, ANDREW MACDONALD IS WAIVED
SIXERS BEGIN PRESEASON PLAY TODAY, NIK STAUSKAS OUT TWO WEEKS
And the starters!
SEAHAWKS WIN ON ILLEGAL CALL
DRAFTKINGS EMPLOYEE WITH ACCESS TO INSIDE INFO WINS $350K AT FANDUEL
EVERYBODY LOVES A PROFESSOR LIKE PROFESSOR DAVE
JAROMIR JAGR'S MULLET IS COMING BACK
TODAY IN HISTORY
- 1723: Ben Franklin arrives in Philadelphia at the age of 17.
- 1889: Thomas Edison shows off his first motion picture.
- 1945: Billy Sianis and his pet goat are ejected from Wrigley Field in Game 4 of the World Series. This would begin a long curse on the Cubs.
- 1979: Pope John Paul II becomes the first Pontiff to visit the White House.
- Bruno Sammartino (80)
- Leslie Moonves aka the President and CEO of CBS, where I work (66)
- Tony Dungy (60)
- Rubén Sierra (50)
- Danny Brière (38)
- Ricky Hatton (37)