Yesterday's Scores: Rangers 3, Flyers 2 (F/OT)
Today's Schedule: Phillies vs Mets - 7 PM (CSN / 1210 WPHT, 94WIP)
Trip to Fort Lauderdale for Flyers @ Panthers - October 9th-12th - More information here.
It's takeover time ladies and gentleman. Chris is out at the Flyers game in New York and won't have the time to finish, so I, Carter Fillman, will humbly step into this place. Let's do this thing.
Flyers Fall to rangers 3-2 in ot, PENALTY SHOTS SUCK
Anyways, the Flyers started out very strong early, with a goal from Mark Streit in the first, followed later on by a power play goal by Wayne Simmonds the following period. Steve Mason was stone cold, stopping all 24 shots he faced in the first 40 minutes. Then bad things came, first from Dan Girardi, and then with 1:07 left, Chris Kreider found the net to tie things up at two. 3-on-3 overtime came, and went quickly, sadly. Scott Laughton hooked an incoming Keith Yandle, which gave the defenseman a penalty shot, where he scored to cap off the Ranger comeback/Flyer collapse, 3-2. That's not how you would want to end a game.
Although it's the preseason, you can't reach ten shots more than halfway through the game with most of your active roster in place. That's unacceptable. Mason did all he could to keep the Flyers lead alive, but he couldn't get the help.
Also, Michael Raffl, Matt Read, and Jakub Voracek left the game with injuries. Raffl's injury was an "upper-body injury," something that Sean Couturier was diagnosed with earlier yesterday. Hope that it isn't serious. One final thought, this was my first time to the transformed MSG. I went to the old-school Garden back in 2010, and I loved it. Also loved the new Garden; it's like it's a brand new facility. The Flyers host the Devils Wednesday night in their final home preseason game.
Now back to Carter.
Eagles' Kicker Cody ParkEy Out for Season
Phils host the mets tonight
Sixers Host Media Day
Some nice pictures of the twin towers...
Flowing water found on mars
Tristan Thompson thinks he's worth it
TODAY IN HISTORy
- 61 BC: Pompey the Great celebrates his third triumph for victories over the pirates and the end of the Mithridatic Wards on his 45th birthday
- 1227: Frederick II is excommunicated by Pope Gregory IX for his failure to participate in the Crusades
- 1789: The US Department of War first establishes a regular army with several hundred men
- 1789: The first US Congress adjourns
- 1911: Italy declares war on the Ottoman Empire
- 1951: The first live sporting event seen coast-to-coast of a football game between Pitt and Duke is aired on NBC
- 1964: The Argentinian cartoon Mafalda is published for the first time
- 1966: The Chevy Camaro is introduced
- 1979: Pope John Paul II is the first pope to visit Ireland
- 2009: An 8.0 magnitude earthquake near the Samoan Islands causes a tsunami
- Jerry Lee Lewis (80)
- Bryant Gumbel (67) - One half of TV's hit fake show Gumbel 2 Gumbel, along with Greg.
- Zachary Levi (35)
- Calvin Johnson (30)
- Kevin Durant (27)
- Cardale Jones (23)