Yesterday's Scores: Phillies 4, Mets 3
Today's Schedule: Sporting Kansas City @ Union (U.S. Open Cup Championship) - 7:00 PM (ESPN2, WatchESPN); Devils @ Flyers - 7:00 PM (TCN / 97.5 The Fanatic); Mets @ Phillies - 7:05 PM (CSN / 1210 WPHT, 94 WIP)
Trip to Fort Lauderdale for Flyers @ Panthers - October 9th-12th - More information here.
phillies stop mets 11-game road win streak
The teams play again tonight at 7:05 PM. It'll be Alec Asher (0-5, 7.52 ERA) for the Phillies against Logan Merrett (1-1, 2.70 ERA) for the Mets. (RECAP)
union host sporting kansas city in U.s. open cup championship
eagles make moves, are also becoming healthy
Any who, the Eagles also saw some guys return, such as DeMarco Murray, Mychal Kendricks, Cedric Thornton and his broken finger, Taylor Hart, and Josh Huff. That could be an Eagles version of the Addams Family. Cedric Thornton's broken finger is Thing, Swoop is Cousin Itt, Chip Kelly is Uncle Fester, and DeMarco Murray is Lurch. But there's also some guys that didn't return. Chris Maragos and Riley Cooper are expected to play on Sunday, but didn't practice, while Kiko Alonso is getting a second opinion on his knee sprain. (REPORT)
Back to DeMarco and Lurch...I think he can do it.
josh innes featured in philly mag
smu won't be in the tourney this year
DOn cherry gets involved with the papelbon-harper fight
jason witten has his own cereal
twitter plans to expand beyond 140 characters
apple music free trial ends today
TODAY IN HISTORY
- 1791: The first performance of Mozart's last opera The Magic Flute occurred in Vienna, Austria.
- 1927: Babe Ruth becomes the first player to hit 60 home runs in a season.
- 1935: The Hoover Dam, which is between Arizona and Nevada, is dedicated.
- 1938: Britain, France, Germany, and Italy sign the Munich Agreement, which allowed Germany to occupy the Sudetenland region of Czechoslovakia.
- 1939: NBC broadcasts the first American football game between the Waynesburg Yellow Jackets and the Fordham Rams. Fordham won 34-7.
- 1949: The Berlin Airlift ends.
- 1962: James Meredith enters the University of Mississippi, defying segregation.
- 1967: BBC Radio 1 is launched, while BBC Light Programme, Third Programme, and Home Service are replaced with BBC Radio 2, 3, and 4.
- Johnny Mathis (80)
- Marley Marl (53)
- Candice Michelle (37)
- T-Pain (30)