9. Michael Vick Protests- I think Michael Vick has paid the price for his acts. What he did to those dogs was a terrible thing and he went to jail for it. He lost a lot of money and was forced into bankruptcy. Now he has returned to Pro Bowl form as the quarterback of the Philadelphia Eagles. Recently, Vick was holding a meet and greet outside of a suburban Philadelphia store and protesters planned to protest the event and boycott shopping at the store. Really? People, give it a rest. The man did his time for his crime. He was punished, accepted it, and he has moved on. Why can’t everyone else move on? He was released from prison two years ago. He did all of these things, most recently, 4-5 years ago. Let it go.
8. The Yankees were once again on national television this week. Shocker.
7. Aso....Aso.... Ya know the guy from Oakland- There have been lots of rumors swirling around the Eagles and unrestricted free agent defensive back, Nnamdi Asomugha. Asomugha is widely considered to be the best cornerback in the NFL. Cornerback, a position of weakness for the Eagles, is exactly where many people have Asomugha penciled in for the midnight green. However, here is the catch, he is expected to make in the neighborhood of $18 million annually with his new contract. That is a ton of money. Some think the Eagles, because they are already paying Asante Samuel, will balk at the asking price and go after a cheaper option such as Ike Taylor, of the Steelers, or former Jets’ cornerback, Antonio Cromartie. But the worst part about missing out on Asomugha is that it is also expected that Asomugha could go to Washington or Dallas if he doesn’t wind up in Philadelphia. That would be awful.
5. Iguodala is a Sixer... Still- The NBA Draft came and went last Thursday and Andre Iguodala is still a 76er. I am disappointed, too. Nothing personal against Iggy but let’s be honest- he isn’t a superstar. I watched the NBA playoffs as Dirk Nowitzki had the ball in his hands with the clock winding down and more times than not, he hit the shot. That is a superstar. As for Iguodala, well, Sixers fans are just happy if he get’s the shot off, let alone a good chance of scoring. Hopefully, this saga ends soon and the Sixers are A.I.-free for the first time since 1996.
4. This lady is just flat out terrible. I don’t know how else to describe it.
2. Laziness Bites Domonic Brown- Dom Brown got his first real rain of boos in Philadelphia on Saturday night after not running out a sharply hit ground ball. He met with Charlie Manuel after the game, subsequently didn’t play on Sunday, and we can expect 110% effort from the young one for a while. Welcome to the Bigs, Dom. Now don’t pull that stunt again.
Agree? Disagree? Comment below! See you next week in Top Ten