9. NBA Cancels Preseaon- The NBA has cancelled 43 preseason games and has postponed the start of training camps. The two sides appear to be worlds apart at this point in time. The 2011-2012 NBA season does not appear like it will feature 82 regular season games.
8. Where’s the Winter Classic?- In a completely unsurprising move, the NHL announced yesterday that the 2012 Winter Classic will be play in Philadelphia at Citizens Bank Park. This was reported by us way back in May but never was officially confirmed until yesterday.
7. New York Post Maturity Issues- Just look at the cover of the New York Post….. and these people want our respect?
5. 100 Wins for Philadelphia- The Phillies have reached 100 wins for just the third time in the team’s history (1976, 1977 were the other two times). The win, with still two to play, pulls Phillies manager Charlie Manuel within 1 win of the Phillies all time wins leader, Gene Mauch.
4. Rays Out of Town Scoreboard- In Monday night’s win over the Yankees, the Rays fans at Tropicana Field were getting their out of town updates (basically just the Red Sox score) from a guy holding up a white erasable board.
2. Ozzie Guillen to NL East- In a surprising turn of events last night, Ozzie Guillen left the Chicago White Sox and reportedly signed a four year contract to manage the Florida Marlins. The White Sox will receive compensation for it so basically they just traded their manager for two prospects.
1. Giants Punter Calls Philadelphia a “Dump”- Well, 1. he only has a job because Matt Dodge punted the ball to DeSean Jackson. 2) Who is Steve Weatherford anyways? He isn't classy, that's for sure.